Lead Enterprise Support Company Limited is a foremost Human Resources Solutions organization with many years of cumulative experience and expertise. We are prolific in Outsourcing, Recruitment, Head hunting and HR Advisory. We are a multi-sectorial servicing company, with landmark service deliverables to our clients in varied industries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radiologist
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Diagnostic Services
Reports to: Board of Directors – Diagnostic Centre
Direct Reports: Radiographers and Medical Laboratory Scientists
- The Head of Diagnostic Services provides leadership and directs the training, development and supervision of laboratory personnel, and plans and schedules the activities of the centre.
- Assumes responsibility for the proper application of policies and procedures, and operates the centre on a cost-effective basis.
- Accountable for the accuracy and reliability of all services provided by the centre under his/her supervision.
- Ensure compliance of all policies and procedures of the centre.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
- Coordinate various aspects of the laboratory services and ensure that the vision and mission of the Diagnostic Centre conform to standards set up by the Board of Directors.
- Apportion duties to all laboratory staff.
- Liaise with national and international organizations and specialists in laboratory science to ensure quality of services meet international standards.
- Foster good inter-departmental coordination to ensure prompt delivery of services.
- Maintain current records of maintenance requirements of all equipment to avoid unforeseen breakdowns.
- Ensure appropriate relationship between the hospital and the Diagnostics Centre
- Oversee staff discipline and cleanliness of the laboratory premises.
- Regularly present progress reports to the Board of Directors.
Patient Diagnosis and Care:
- Exercise judgment to assess and respond to patient’s needs prior to, during and following procedures
- Evaluate and maintain a quality control program to ensure instrumentation credibility and reliability
- Utilize techniques and education that will minimize radiation exposure to patients and health care personnel
- Operate diagnostic medical equipment such as x-ray machines, MRI scanners and others
- Interpret images and results
- Occasionally monitor imaging sessions run by radiologists and technicians.
- Consult with other clinical staff about appropriate imaging pathways as well as the discussion of the results of examination already performed
- Clinical management of the Diagnostic Centre to maintain a high quality radiology service.
- Report on images acquired by others as in the case with most computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance (MR), and plain film work
- Any other responsibilities that may be delegated to him by the Board of Directors.
- Participate in budget development with overall responsibility of the Centre’s budget.
- Approve expenses and authorize payment.
- Works predominantly within a comfortable office environment.
- Travel as required by the role.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills)
- Radiology fellowship is required.
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies.
- License to practice medicine from the Nigerian Medical and Dental Association (MDCN license).
Work Experience Required:
- Minimum of five (5) years experience practicing as a radiologist in a reputable hospital or diagnostic centre. Experience in interventional radiology will be an added advantage.
- Experience in radiology with expertise in imaging – obtaining and interpreting medical images obtained by using x-rays (radiographs, CT, fluoroscopy) or radioactive substances (nuclear medicine) or by other means such as sound waves (ultrasound) or the body’s natural magnetism (MRI).
- Possess the technical skills to ensure technicians and medical laboratory scientists are meeting quality assurance standards.
- Ability to manage a team
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the highest level of confidentiality.
N800,000 – N1,000,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
28th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to:
using the Job Title as the subject of the email.