Ralds & Agate is a Business Management Consulting firm focused on providing People and Process related solutions to businesses, communities and organizations within and outside Africa.
Our focus is on People and Processes. Developing the potential within our people. to improve business practices, unleash creativity and enhance industrial productivity. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Company Secretary
- Attend board, AGMs and other meetings; prepare agenda, minutes, papers and all resolutions and follow up on actionable points.
- Update all the company’s policies and get it approved by the board; Ensure the company complies with all relevant statutory requirements and file all statutory returns promptly including annual returns, resolutions and changes in the board, etc.
- Provide support to the board & other committees on specific projects and manage shareholder relationships on behalf of the Board.
- Prepare and maintain the company’s statutory books including but not limited to the registers of members, directors & secretaries, shareholders / shareholdings, etc.
- Stay informed on recent updates on relevant legislative and regulatory matters/laws/provisions and take necessary and appropriate action(s).
- Provide legal perspective, advice, support and suggestions during meetings/discussions on various issues regarding the corporate governance, accounting, compliance, taxation, insurance, risk etc. especially the implications on proposed policies.
- Act as liaison between the company and external regulators, advisers e.g. lawyers and auditors.
- Develop, implement and efficiently oversee systems that enable the company comply with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
- Represent the company on legal matters, enter into contractual agreements with suppliers and customers on behalf of the company
- Draft, design and carry out periodic reviews on legal template, documents, contracts, agreements etc.
- Monitor and coordinate the company’s litigations and debt recovery processes, procedures and operations
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law
- An LLM, MBA or MSc (will be an added advantage)
- Proven track record in corporate law & governance, legal advisory and regulatory compliance to mention a few
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Application deadline: 28th July, 2020.