Reading Coordinator at Education Development Center
EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
EDC is committed to education that builds knowledge and skill, makes possible a deeper understanding o…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Sokoto
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Position: Sokoto LGEA Reading Coordinator – USAID/Nigeria’s Northern Education Initiative Plus
Regular – Full-Time – Sokoto, Nigeria
Project Summary: The Northern Education Initiative Plus project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
Position Summary: The LGEA Reading Coordinator will provide technical assistance and guidance to the project’s support to improved reading instruction at the LGEA level.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position is housed in each Coordinator’s assigned LGEA in Sokoto, Nigeria, reporting to the Reading Officer.
- Supervise the implementation of all Northern Education Initiative Plus supported reading
- material, all Northern Education Initiative Plus supported trainings in reading, all teacher and
- classroom supervision and monitoring and all student testing efforts.
- Ensure complementarity of activity approaches in reading across the LGEA,
- Liaise with LGEA government representatives and technicians on technical matters, and bears ultimate responsibility for ensuring that children in Northern Education Initiative Plus public,
- IQTE, and NFLC schools achieve improved outcomes in reading.
- It is expected that the LGEA Reading Coordinator will work directly with a Hausa language expert (particularly if the reading specialist is not conversant and fluent in written and spoken Hausa).
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Masters degree with at least one year (or Bachelors with at least 3 to 5 years) of relevant experience in education development, with familiarity working in local governmental systems in Nigeria
- Prior experience providing training and capacity building to staff and counterparts in areas of participatory planning
- Undergraduate degree in Education, Public Administration or related field;
- Fluency in English and Hausa required.
Method of Application
To apply, Applicants are encouraged to visit the Careers Page at: https://go.edc.org/SME-Nigeria-NEI
Only if technical difficulties occur, applicants may send their resumes to: [email protected] listing “SME Nigeria -NEI Plus” in the Subject Line.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace. EDC offers a supportive work environment,
competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package.
Interested and qualified? Go to Education Development Center (EDC) on go.edc.org to apply