Refractory Technician at Dangote Group
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Refractory Technician
Ref No: Production-Obajana-011
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full-time
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform Refractory preliminary jobs such as wrecking of coating, brick lining, and casting operations
- Ensure safe driving and operation of forklift, Brokk machine, Bobcat, and other refractory types of equipment.
- Ensure the prevention of bricks and castable errors during installation.
- Identify and correct bricks and castable installation errors or mistakes during in-house installation and during installation by contractors.
- Ensure Proper housekeeping in the plant during and after any shutdown
- Ensure the safety of equipment and personnel at all times.
- Maintenance of up-to-date records of refractory materials.
- Maintenance of all refractory types of equipment.
Education and Work Experience:
- National Diploma or TradeTest in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or any other related technical discipline.
- Minimum of six (6) years of relevant work experience.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Good knowledge of refractory equipment and its functions.
- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online