Regional Director, Region 5
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE OF WORK
TITLE: Regional Director, Region 5
LOCATION: Sokoto State
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nigeria
Background: The overall goal of GHSC-PSM is to procure and provide health commodities for all USAID health programs, including but not limited to, HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Family Planning, and Maternal & Child Health, as well as provide systems strengthening technical assistance to improve supply chain management and commodity security in Nigeria.Pub
The Regional Director will oversee the implementation of programmatic/technical strategy in the assigned regions. He will manage the supply chain technical assistance activities in the region as well as and provide technical assistance to the GON staff in states, strengthening ties with national and state level partners and stakeholders. He will work to manage the expectations of internal and external stakeholders at all levels. He will also oversee administrative operations of the assigned region ensuring adherence to U.S. government regulations and Chemonics’ corporate and field office policies and business processes in aspects of the administrative management and procedures of the GHSC-PSM office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Supply Chain Management Technical Assistance
· Coordinate the implementation of supply chain technical assistance activities in the clustered states within your region of focus.
· In collaboration with other teams, develop and coordinate the implementation of strategic approaches to improve supply chain performance (i.e. reduce stock out, expiries, improve reporting rate and ensure adherence to inventory management procedures etc.) at the National and State level.
· Guide and support all State LMCU activities within his/her Region to ensure there is a coordination of all supply chain activities in the clustered states, also fully participating in the activities across the various clustered states.
· Assess existing health commodity supply and distribution systems and logistics management information systems (LMIS) utilization and recommend feasible options to strengthen management and accountability of health commodities along the supply chain.
· Manage the effective implementation of programmatic health supply chain functions across assigned states.
· Identify best practices and success stories based on the projects technical assistance to supply chain operations at the states.
· Develop technical briefs (bimonthly LMD summary reports, semi-annual activity reports, etc.)
· Conduct continuous advocacy to state government officials to influence resource commitment and provide other technical support that will drive coordination and implementation of programmatic and supply chain activities.
· Provide support on state level activities and engagement in stakeholder meetings and interactions with the decision-making bodies (Key stakeholders and Partners) from the state at a higher level of advocacy.
· Work with LMCUs to ensure periodic coordination meetings (PSM/TWG, Partners’ forum, dashboard review, etc.) hold and to identify and advocate internal funding sources for such meeting in line with sustainability priorities tied to “the Journey to self-reliance”.
· Lead and support donors and partners (PMI, PEPFAR, GF, IPs) for regional /state level advocacy, program monitoring and performance review.
Warehousing and Distribution Operations
· Collaborate with the central distribution team and regional W&D Advisor to monitor distribution service providers to ensure efficient implementation of the terms of agreement and provide the needed reports on performance.
· Collaborate with the central warehousing team and regional W&D Advisor to ensure the safe receipt, storage and timely dispatch of commodities (pharmaceuticals, laboratory reagents and consumables, long lasting insecticidal treated nets and other related health commodities) for all health programs/various donors, implemented and managed by Chemonics in line with Good Warehousing Practice (GWP).
· Ensure periodic technical review meetings with warehouse and distribution services providers in your region to review performance, identify non-conformances and improvement priorities and indices (CAPA’s). Escalate as necessary to central W&D and Procurement teams
· Identify capacity and skill gaps of GHSC-PSM and GON staff at all levels and collaborate with GHSC-PSM capacity building team to determine performance improvement strategies.
· Deliberate on key issues that would enhance productivity and proficiency of the embedded project staff, thereby ensuring the GHSC- PSM Project becomes a house-hold name implemented in every state of the country.
· Trouble shoot as required and support risk management to ensure potential areas of disruption are promptly identified with mitigation strategies instituted as appropriate.
· Work with relevant GHSC-PSM departments to analyze program performance data and results, identify areas of poor performance and determine corrective actions that need to be implemented to improve program results.
· Support technical assistance initiatives for process improvements and innovations including Reporting Dashboard/Control Tower Initiative, Data Visibility and other improvements and innovations as the need arises.
· In consultation with TQM team, coordinate state level/ LMCU Monitoring and Supportive Visit (MSV), End User Verification (EUV).
· Coordinate the tracking of program indicators, measure performance against benchmark/targets and track trends of project performance.
· Facilitate performance review meetings, where performance trends and exceptions are discussed with technical leads, and corrective actions are identified. Lessons learned are also identified, along with potential risks project implementation, and associated preventive actions.
· Conduct capacity building for GON staff at State level on Performance Management to transfer requisite skills and imbibe the culture of performance management to strengthen supply chain management system within the government.
· Support the development of the methodology for program performance review and Continuous improvement.
· Ensure equitable allocation of LOE for state Logistics Advisors to optimize team performance and improve overall efficiency. Review staff timesheets to ensure conformance with activities carried out, grant concurrence for staff vacations, approve trip and technical reports, conduct annual performance reviews of staff in the region.
· Provide monthly programmatic reports of activities in the region to inform strategic decision making.
· Directly and with team members develop supply chain related abstracts for national and international conferences to showcase the work of GHSC Program, PSM in Nigeria.
· Review field activity budgets, monthly cash flow projections and other financial responsibilities at the regional level to ensure efficient use of available resources in line with work plan deliverables to achieve optimal stakeholder value.
· Conduct timely review and approval of expense reports in line with budget.
· Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
· Support the development and review of consultants’ and STTA SOWs.
· Oversee maintanance and management of physical office space and project vehicles; includes overseeing cleaning, transportation, maintanance and security staff.
· Supervice administrative staff as assigned and provide routine performance feedback.
· Oversee event planning, travel logistics, procurement and other administrative tasks.
· Assist in the development of a systematic strategy for the management of Office operations which inculdes office administrations and logistics operations for the GHSC-PSM Nigeria office.
· Ensure strict compliance with USAID regulations and Chemonics’ standard policy and procedures at all times.
· Conduct annual performance appraisal and make appropriate recommendations relating to annual salary increase or performance improvement plan of supervisees.
· Preform all other duties as assigned by the Deputy CD Program Operations
· BA/B.Sc. degree in a Health or any other related field. Post graduate degree and fellowship in the related field (s) will be an advantage.
· Minimum of 7/8 years of experience in Public Health Systems, Management Information Systems, Supply Chain Management and Public Administration or Policy.
· Rudimentary experience in the development of Advocacy materials, Communication plans, roadmaps and toolkits to guide Stakeholder’s engagement.
· Experience with programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID and international agencies such as the Global Fund is desirable.
· Experience in managing performance of programs in collaboration with GON staff and stakeholders
· Experience overseeing office administrative operations and logistics.
· Expertise in Capacity Building, Communication and Presentation skill.
· Prior experience in engaging and coordinating activities with relevant stakeholders in the Region.
· Ability to use Microsoft office suite packages (excel, word, power point).
· Ability to write clear and concise technical reports and documents is required.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a team.
The Regional Director will report directly to the Deputy Country Director, Program Operations or his/her designee.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Sokoto State, Nigeria
How to apply:
To apply, please click the link below