Regional Director – West Africa at Turner & Townsend
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Turner & Townsend is a quality driven, international construction and management consultancy recognised for the value and innovation we bring to every commission we undertake. Our ROA division wish to appoint a Country Manager (CM) for Nigeria. Our people are the key to our success and are our most important asset. You will join our ROA team to provide s…
Read more about this company
Regional Director – West Africa
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- We are looking for a forward thinking and ambitious Regional Director who will join our West African team to provide services that help our clients devise strategies to deliver successful business solutions prior to sanction, achieve confidence around project delivery, ensure projects are effectively managed & controlled and facilitate the capture and transfer of knowledge.
- As Regional Director you will have wide-spread exposure to the business environment and our clients.
- You will have authority to act in the name of Turner & Townsend and your actions will have a considerable impact on future business and direction.
- Successful candidates will have a proven track record in managing people/teams, business development and client management in the consulting environment, and have an excellent understanding of industry best practice across the life cycle of projects and will be based permanently in region.
- The leadership of people is key in this role as you will take high level responsibility for all employees working within your Region.
- You will determine the resource planning at the start of the financial year and revise accordingly any increased headcount requirements in line with new clients.
- Providing key technical and commercial advise to clients across commercial projects
- Managing key client accounts and winning new business through organic growth and referral opportunities
- Full compliance with all policies, legislation, regulations and procedures
- Reporting regularly to key stakeholders including internal teams, appointed technical partners and the client
- Acting as a role model that drives a One Business culture. Achieves great outcomes by striking the right balance for our people, clients, shareholders and society.
- Always acting with the highest integrity, caring for the safety and well being of others
- Detailed understanding of the market, acting as a brand ambassador and creating a pipeline of opportunity.
- Encouraging opportunities for the professional development and advancement of all your staff under your supervision
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or BSc Construction Management (or similar)
- Post-Graduate qualification preferable
- Professional Registration preferable
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior role in the built environment
- Experienced in Business Development and delivering successful projects in West Africa.
- Preferably experienced in multiple sectors (Oil & Gas, real-estate, infrastructure, mining & metals)
- Working knowledge of FIDIC, NEC and JBCC suites of contracts
- Proven ability to analyse complex problems, interpret operational needs and develop integrated, creative solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage and lead effectively in a team environment
- Excellent Knowledge and understanding of value engineering
- Must be willing to travel for business purposes.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love