Regional Operations Coordinator at GIG Logistics
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Incorporated in 1998, we have, through strategic initiatives, revolutionized land transportation in Nigeria. A proudly Nigerian enterprise, our mission to excel is a classic story of humble beginnings. From what could pass for a car shed in Uselu, our ultra-modern terminals now dot Nigeria’s travel land-scape.
Read more about this company
Regional Operations Coordinator
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Location: Gbagada, Lagos
- Oversee the pick-up and delivery of shipments within the region.
- Supports Customer Service in the incident and exception management resolution.
- Manage relationship with the Fleet Coordinator on the movement and repairs of vehicles within the region.
- Manage relationship with the Gateway on movement of shipments within the regions and Gateway.
- Ensure optimization of network and consolidation while arranging delivery of shipments to the final receiver.
- Ensure continuous improvement processes to increase efficiencies, reduce waste, and improve performance for satisfactory customer experience in the region.
- Creates, builds, and maintains excellent relationships with Regional Operations Coordinators and Terminal Operations Managers and other internal functions across the regions.
- Ensures prompt clearance of shipments through the airports in the region.
- Identifying knowledge and skill gaps within the region and recommending trainings to the Human Capital Department to address same.
- Acting as a Compliance Officer to ensure absolute compliance with business processes and policies within the region.
- Follows-up shipments status in the region, identify incidents and ensure resolution of irregularities.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly reports for management review.
- Other duties as the exigencies of work may demand.
You will be an ideal candidate if you possess the following qualifications, attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Strong commercial acumen, preferably with 5 years experience in logistics, customer service and/or distribution environments
- An HND or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher institution (a master’s degree will be an added advantege)
- Experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals and forecasting results
- In-depth knowledge of the logistics sector
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high level of perform and exceed targets
- Accountable and resilient.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love