Regional Sourcing Manager, SSA at British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Sourcing Manager, SSA
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reports To: The Manager Of Operations Business Procurement
Function: Operations – Procurement
Seniority Level: Experienced Professional
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The role is responsible for strategic sourcing activities at a local/multi country level; executing the category / business strategy and ensure execution of all supplier management activities.
- The role holder will also ensure contracts are in place which fulfil the customer requirements whilst also meeting the needs of the business.
- He/she will select the right suppliers and will put contingency suppliers in place to manage risk on behalf of the business.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Manage the execution of the geographic category strategies and development of sourcing plans at a local/regional level.
- Drive the process of sourcing execution to ensure delivery of the category/business strategy and targets.
- Drive and facilitate “source to contract” for specific geographic categories. This includes the resolution of any contracts related issues and may include one-off spend items.
- To manage negotiation and supplier selection within the framework of the sourcing strategies.
- Provide forecasts on prices and market changes as an input into planning where appropriate.
- Provide information on negotiation results (all specs/grades, clear duration, validity for orders or deliveries) from a local/regional perspective in a timely manner to the Operations Manager.
- To ensure contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and that SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) have been agreed with the relevant business owner.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Education: minimum of Bachelor's Degree.
- 2 – 4 years working experience within Procurement/Supply Chain domain
- FMCG experience will serve as an advantage.
- French – basic knowledge -would be an advantage.
- Good negotiation skills and influencing skills.
- General understanding of the supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity across various categories and expected trends at a local/geographic level (SAA, ECAA and WAA).
- Good experience in development of contracts and agreements for low to medium risk categories.
- Relevant business qualifications within the Supply Chain, Procurement realm would serve as an advantage.
- Member of CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supplies (UK) – would represent an advantage.
- Strong numerical ability.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools e.g., Excel, PowerPoint etc
Competitive salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply