Request for Proposals for Renovation of 6 Bedroom Classroom at Mediatrix Development Foundation
Read more about this company
Request for Proposals For the Renovation of A 6 Bedroom Classroom at Government Secondary School, Akor, Akamkpa LGA, Cross River State
- Job Type Full Time
- Experience None
- Location Cross River
- Job Field Building and Construction  , Consultancy
B: TASKS TO BE ACCOMPLISHED (SCOPE OF WORK);
- Provide 225mm thick walling for external and internal wall with sandcrete hollow blocks: bedded and jointed in cement and sand (1:4) mortar from foundation up to DPC level where
- Provide beams 225 x 300mm; reinforcements 12mm diameter and 8mm diameter, approved formworks for the sides and soffits for ring beams and columns. All the concrete works should
- be cured to the required amount of time which is 14 to 28 days
- Supply and build 225 mm thick wall with approved blocks from floor level to windows, doors and roof level jointed in cement sand mortar (mix ratio 1:4) for internal and external walls
- where necessary.
- Remove existing roof, supply and replace with new roof structure of 50mmx100mm Rafter, 50mmx150mm Tie beam and king post, 50mmx100mm struts, 50 x 75mm purlins. Roof
- coverings of black aluminum oven baked step tiles coated sheets 0.55mm gauge, sloping not exceeding 45 degrees from horizontal, with one corrugation side overlap and 150mm end
- overlap include all nails and other necessary accessories delivering and fixing in position, Ridge capping and roof drainage as per drawings and specifications
- Remove existing doors, supply and replace with new American/ purpose made steel security doors2000 x 2100mm, 900 x 2100 mm, 1000 x 1000mmm, 1200x2100mm frame inclusive
- with 4 fielded equal panels. Door hinges-100mm brass butt hinges inclusive and any other required accessories
- Remove existing doors, supply and replace Factory manufactured American/purpose made steel door of 750 x 2100 mm frame inclusive and their accessories
- Remove existing window, supply and replace new metal windows protector (measuring 2550
- x 1200mm, 1250 x 1500mm, 1550 x 1200mm, 1250 x 1200 mm, 950mmx600mm, 600 x 600mm and 700 x 600mm inclusive frame).
- Remove existing window, supply and install Sliding Aluminum windows framed high quality lever fasteners with sliding heavy duty insect screen with the window grass (coffee tray and
- heavy duty P.V.C mesh on aluminum frame) with rubber backing to outer verandah dwarf wall. protector (measuring 1250 x 1500mm, 1550 x 1200mm, 1250 x 1200 mm,
- 950mmx600mm and 700 x 600mm inclusive frame), 5mm window glass complete with UV protective film (blue shade), high quality lever fasteners, sliding insect screen (coffee tray
- and heavy duty P.V.C mesh on aluminum frame) with rubber backing.
- Repair failed floor finishing by provide tiling of 100x20mm tile skirting, 300 x 300 x 12mm ceramic or terrazzo tiles to floors on 32mm thick cement and sand bed; level or to falls only
- not exceeding 15 degrees from horizontal, 200 x 300 x 12mm ceramic tiles to walls on 12mm
- cement and sand Backing to receive wall tiles.
- Remove and reapply 15mm thick cement sand plaster on walls and Painting (emulsion and gross) and decoration to Plastered walls by weather guard paint externally, and silky paint
- internally, Brazilian hard board ceiling, General wood surfaces.
- Remove existing broken/dilapidated ceiling, supply and install 1220mmx2440mm Brazilian hard board to ceiling including all the necessary fittings, 50x50mm softwood timber for ceiling
- framing including all necessary accessories
- Expose cracks in walls/foundation and repair with approved material by the engineer.
V. GENERAL SPCIFICATIONS
- The contractor shall be responsible for any damage to the nearby buildings or outsider or employee of the contractor during the course of construction.
- The contractor shall be responsible for repair of works under the contract by guaranteeing material quality and good workmanship for 1year after work delivery.
- The contractor shall carry out the construction smoothly and comply with good techniques and if any part does not show in the drawings but be the part concerning good technique,
- the contractor shall request for the consent of the engineer.
- Please note that the site engineers shall not be held responsible for any failure during and after constructions for jobs not supervised by him.
- Note that the quantities herein are subject to variations during construction.
- Concrete steel reinforcement steel shall be plane bars which has never been used before and shall be without any rust or coated with any alien materials, dirt coated on surface Shall
- be eliminated before use. The yield point shall not be less than 2,400 KCS/cm2. For round bar and not less than 4,000KGS/Cm3 for deformed.
- The distance of bending at the end shall have diameter of the smallest part being equal to 5 times of the diameter of the steel, measuring from steel half circle shape at least 4 times of
- the diameter of the steel and shall not be less than 5cm. for the 90 degree bending, the part protruding from the bending shall be at least 18 times of the diameter of the steel and shall
- not be less than 10cm.
- Portland cement shall be of elephant brand or equivalent product. Others be approved by the Engineer.
- Sand shall be fresh water sand, strong, sharp and not fragile. It shall be clean without other materials which may endanger concrete. It shall be tested with sodium hydroxide 3%
- according to the standard test, having value of fineness modulus between 2.75 – 3.25.
- Gravel shall be clean, strong and not fragile. To be without Other material which may endanger concrete. It shall be well graded, that is in volume. There shall be not more than
- 20%of the gravels with length over 3 times of other sides of the gravel.
- Water use for mixing must be clean water without any tastes, smell, oil, acid, base, salt, sugar and any other organic material.
- The contractor shall send mixed design, inspected and approved by the Engineer before carrying out concrete works, together with reports on the test of 3 samples of cylinder
- concrete of 15cm. However, the design Engineer shall have the right to collect new cylinder concrete during concrete casting if there is any doubt in concrete quality.
- No concrete of more than 30 minutes mixing shall not be deposited or the depositing of concrete about to be set or concrete with other aliens mixing shall not be allowed.
- The bracing of form work shall be strong and neat. After taking out, it shall not bend too much. If there are holes or curbs, they shall first be corrected and made surface smooth. If
- they are plugged with cement of the ratio of 1:3 for cement and sand, the surface should be smoothened.
- The concrete shall not be taken out until after completing schedule for concrete deposition not exceeding 2 days for poles, beams and walls.
- The wall thickness of the blocks shall not be more than 225mm for external walls and 150mm for internal walls.
- The minimum crushing strength of the block is to be 2.0N/mm of gross area of solid block after 28days.
C: METHODOLOGY AND THE ASSIGNMENT DURATION.
All the works shall be completed within the duration stated by the awarded contract. The contractor should inform the client of any circumstance specifically force majeure should it
seem to affect contractor’s project implementation. Any other delays will make the contractor liable to the penalty equivalent to 0.1% of the total contract sum for each calendar day of
Any changes or activity not included in the construction documents that deemed necessary should be approved by MDF prior execution
The contractor is not allowed to subcontract or in any way work contrary to MDF standards.
Method of Application
CLOSING DATE AND TIME: THURSDAY 30th APRIL 2020 – 17:00 hrs.
HARD COPIES OF RFP DOCUMENTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PICKUP AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS
1. MDF OFFICE IN CALABAR
No 2 Moore Road Calabar, Cross River State
2. MDF OFFICE IN OGOJA
Mediatrix’s Office, Along St. Thomas Aquinas Road opp. Fanag Gas behind Montaji Filling Station,
Okuku Road. Ogoja, Cross River State
IMPORTANT NOTICE ON ETHICAL CONDUCT
Under no circumstances should a vendor pay MDF or an MDF Staff Member for the submission of a quotation, bid or proposal or for the fulfilment of a contract. This include non-cash gifts or favors to
Staff Members. Be aware that if such payment or non-gifts or favors are made, it would result in the immediate termination of the vendor agreement or contract and the vendor would be disqualified
from further Request for Quotations/Invitations to Bid/Request for Proposals with MDF. You are advised to read and understand the Mediatrix Code of Conduct for Vendors.
It is strongly recommended that this Request for Proposal document and its annexes be read thoroughly. Failure to observe the procedures laid out therein may result in disqualification from the
Note: this advert is not to be construed in any way as an offer to contract with your firm.
REQUESTS FOR CLARIFICATION
Bidders are required to submit any request for clarification in respect of this RFP by e-mail to [email protected]
The deadline for receipt of questions is 14:00 hrs. on 17th April 2020.
Please note that Bid Submissions are not to be sent to the e-mail addresses above. Failure to comply with this provision may result in disqualification. MDF will reply to the questions received as soon as
possible by email to all invited bidders.
Interested and qualified? Go to Mediatrix Development Foundation on drive.google.com to apply