Research Assistant at RikeRisa | HotNigerianJobs
RikeRisa is an IT consulting organization focused on data analytics and engineering. Rike Research is the research arm of RikeRisa with a specific focus on providing world-class research-based information to clients and the general public.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant
Employment Type: Contract
Job Function: Research
About Research Officer
- We are looking for strong research oriented individuals to join our research team as research officers.
- You will assist in the conduct of research, including literature search.
- Applicants must be able to work independently and have the capacity to read and comprehend and work withhigh volumes of literature.
- Demonstrating knowledge of and interest in current technology management issues, research methods, and basic quantitative or qualitative techniques and research in general.
- Relevant coursework will count toward experience.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- RikeResearch, the research arm of RikeRisa, is a team focused on research about people and technology. Research assistants will support research into how people use technology, including behavioral psychology, cognitive psychology, and sociology. Candidates with knowledge of any one of these areas are encouraged to apply.
- Research Assistants work closely with other members of a small research team and play a key role in:
- Conducting research on specific technology and people-related topics and producing in-depth analytic memos, eventually building deep expertise in their area(s) of responsibility.
- Contributing to internal and external publications such as research reports, op-eds, academic articles, and book chapters.
- Planning and supporting the conduct of research
- Other related job duties, as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong research skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Needs to approach work with a collaborative and flexible mindset.
- Ability to work independently and to conduct assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Creativity in problem solving
Additional Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field preferred but not mandatory
- Exceptional writing skills (asset)
- Qualitative / Quantitative research skills (asset)
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision under tight deadlines.
- Candidates with a background in computer science, any social science but preferably psychology, business management, or English language are encouraged to apply. Candidates with other relevant backgrounds not listed are also encouraged to apply.
- Applicants who finished their undergraduate degree with 2:1 and above froma reputable Nigerian University may apply.
- This position ends one year from the date of hire, with the possibility of renewal. Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a written assessment exercise followed by competency-based interviews with the research team.
- Allowance for electricity, Iinternet, office supplies and other consumables N20,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit the documents below to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Candidates will be required to submit the following documents below as a single Pdf Document:
- Cover letter of 300 words or less
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official or unofficial transcript
- Research writing sample of 20 pages or less
- Names and contact information for three references
Note: Early submission is encouraged.