Research Associate at the Centre for Public Policy Alternatives (CPPA)
The Centre for Public Policy Alternatives (CPPA) is an independent, non-partisan, public policy think-tank based in Lagos, Nigeria. CPPA aims to help sub-Saharan African governments, institutions, and businesses create innovative policy solutions to development challenges.
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA , PhD/Fellowship
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Research / Data Analysis
- A public policy think tank based in Lagos, Nigeria with a mission to С-ensure that government action fosters growth, economic well-being and freedom and individual responsibilityФ seeks to recruit exceptional persons as research associates in the areas of qualitative analysis, economics and public policy.
The ideal candidate would have trained up to post-graduate level with a strong academic background (at least a Masters Degree or PHD) in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Public Policy or any related discipline and will match the following profile:
- Aged between 25 and 35 years
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of published reports
- Outstanding analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Ability to deliver results in different environments (especially in a developing world context)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Leadership and track record of delivery
- Excellent project and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to use statistical packages (such as SPSS) will be an added advantage.
- If you like the challenge of cutting through conventional thinking and working on complex development problems then our organisation is interested in you.
- We will in turn offer each candidate a stimulating and challenging work environment, and a possibility to participate in frontier research.
- The selected candidate will ideally be expected to resume the post as soon as possible.
- The position will start with a three year contract with the option of renewal depending on performance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter accompanied by a one-page CV should be sent electronically to: [email protected] with the subject ‘Research Associate’
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.