Start date: September 2022
Language requirements: English, French or any Local language (a plus)
About Seven Star Consultants
Seven Star Consultants is a multi-faceted company with an unwavering commitment towards excellence and client satisfaction through the delivery of quality products and services. We offer a well-rounded range of stand-alone and integrated services across various sectors which can be grouped into four major categories; Development, Communications, ICT, and Project Management. As development consultants, we have in the last seven years provided consultancy services such as for Governments, international donor agencies, NGOs and private sector clients.
You can find out more about Seven Star Consultants at: www.sevenstarng.com
Working with the communications Team at Seven Star Consultants
At Seven star consultants Ltd, the research intern is expected to assist the research lead in implementing research, humanitarian and development projects. The research Intern will work independently and in a team to fulfil organizational goals and initiatives related to marketing, research, and knowledge management.
As a research intern with Seven Star Consultants Ltd, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to gain experience and attain skills in multiple facets of research and international development, and other activities related to daily operations and administrative duties in a professional environment:
• The opportunity to work with a highly skilled, diverse and united team of people
• A youthful and dynamic environment, that constantly focuses on learning and innovation.
• A company dedicated to ensuring growth and personal development for all its staff
Ideal candidates should be passionate about social impact and international development. They must be willing to develop their professional skills and contribute to the growth of an organization dedicated to social development. Assist the research lead with activities related to the development and implementation of a research program. Other functions within the job purview include collecting and processing of field data for the survey components, provide administrative support to the research lead.
The ideal candidate should constructively review written documents and make them publishable in respectable journals. Have terrific literature search/survey skills, possess excellent data collection and analysis skills, expert use of Microsoft Excel and at least one statistical analysis software, Such as SPSS, Nvivo, R-project.
- Possess excellent data collection and analysis skills.
- Support data entry, processing, analysis and validation.
- Good technical writing skills
- Representing and making presentations on behalf of the organization from time to time at event.
- Design, execute and manage all project components.
- Ability to generate measurement, analytics, data gathering, and reporting for clients’ and the organization.
- Actively participate in client presentations.
- Degree in economics or development related field from an accredited university (possession of a Master’s degree is an added advantage).
- Multilingual speaker desirable, especially in French
- Expert use of Microsoft Excel and at least one statistical analysis software, Such as SPSS, Nvivo, R-project.
- Self-starter, good time manager, creative, and ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, who will thrive by taking ownership and initiative.
- Corps’ members are strongly encouraged to apply or graduates who have recently completed a degree relevant to the job description.
Competitive with similar roles in other research and consulting firms.
How to apply
Please submit a CV, cover letter to [email protected] The subject line should read:
“Research intern” Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply at the earliest possible time.