Residential Support Officer/Chaplain at Freedom Foundation
We were moved to take action, because we have had the privilege of viewing society from two spectrums; an awareness of the abysmal poverty and the acute need that exists at a stratum. It is the general notion that people in poverty do not want to work, go back to school, better themselves or be integrated into society. The reality is that most of them lack t…
Read more about this company
Residential Support Officer/Chaplain
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 – 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare  , NGO/Non-Profit
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide a supportive and encouraging environment for HOR clients
- Encourage clients to take responsibility for their current situation and to make good choices for the future.
- Be a positive role model and help clients to abide by the house requirements.
- Ensure that the basic housekeeping functions are carried out.
- Supervise other developmental and support activities carried out to aid clients’ recovery.
- Oversee pastoral support team staff and crisis officers
- Ensures the smooth day to day implementation of program activities
- Provide regular reporting to the concerned authority as required.
- The Residential Support Officer is directly responsible to the Program Manager for the day to day operation of the program.
- A Bachelors’ degree in Health or social sciences. In lieu of this, extensive experience in a similar role will be considered.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in mental health setting providing mentorship and pastoral care will be an added advantage.
- Must be a Christian/leader with active participation in a local church (reference checks will be carried out).
- A certification or training in pastoral care or Bible school would be an advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.