Resilience Lead, Nigeria Livestock
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Resilience Lead, Nigeria Livestock**
ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced Resilience Lead for an anticipated livestock program in Nigeria funded by USAID. The Activity will explore practical, cost effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states.
The Resilience Lead will be responsible for working across the Activity’s areas to advance women and youth considerations at the production, processing, and marketing levels of interventions. The program is anticipated to start in late December 2022, and this position will be based in Nigeria.
- Establish and manage systems to ensure cohesion across all technical sectors of the Activity
- Ensure technical interventions are integrated, layered, and sequenced appropriately at all levels of implementation within the Activity
- Strengthen the resilience of vulnerable communities through improved livelihoods, climate change adaptation, social behavior change, and social capital, preferably through an integrated approach
- Ensure the achievement of Activity goals and objectives in line with annual plans by providing technical advice and direction to the Activity team
- Provide technical expertise, coordination, capacity building, and support to regional resilience initiatives for livestock systems
- Represent the Activity in coordination, capacity building, and partnership meetings with regional policy, private sector companies, research organizations, and government/ministry staff
- Oversee day-to-day planning, design, and operations of project and technical teams to ensure effective project implementation
- Ensure achievement of learning objectives and use results to adapt program design as needed
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of reports and documents to USAID, national governments, ACDI/VOCA home office, and other partner organizations
- Oversee and provide technical guidance to the directors for agriculture productivity, enterprise development, finance and investment, and nutrition
- Provide leadership in community mobilization, consensus building, and grassroots advocacy regarding local issues such as land use, natural resource management, economic development, and disaster risk reduction
- Prepare and supervise work plans, financial, logistical, and other documents
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, economics, business administration, sociology, gender, international development, or relevant field required; master’s degree preferred
- 7 years of prior work experience in international development, preferably in a food security, agricultural, or market systems context
- Experience in training and facilitation
- Knowledge of proven approaches and best practices for integrating women, youth, ethnic minorities and other disadvantaged populations into agriculture and economic growth programs
- Experience in community mobilization, consensus building, and grassroots advocacy regarding local issues such as land use, natural resource management, economic development and disaster risk reduction preferred
- Demonstrated experience advising on gender- and youth-sensitive and/or resilience monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is required; knowledge of regional languages is a plus
Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.