Retail Area Manager at Old Mutual Nigeria (Rivers)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Retail Area Manager
Ref: 1370/NIGE/EU/Retail Area Manager – Port Harcourt/Nigeria/270919
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
AA/EE: Not Applicable
Offer: Market Related
- This role is responsible for managing team leads and coordinating overall branch activity in various locations. The appointee will be individually accountable, over periods of up to one (1) year for ensuring sales targets and branch objectives are achieved.
- The incumbent will also perform a number of managerial and technical functions including; advising, coaching, mentoring and training of sales force to ensure that targets are met.
- Manages sales & expense budget for the sales area against set targets.
- Responsible for distribution strategy of Old Mutual products
- Coordinating the acquisition and management of worksites
- Delivery of Financial Education and other market penetration activities
- Identifies opportunities & coordinates market strategies
- Responsible for external networking & relationship building with key door openers
- Ensures delivery of customer value proposition
- Accountable for the appointment, development and training sales team leads and advisors
- Ensures adherence to all compliance requirements (including regulatory requirements)
Key Result Areas
Sales & Marketing:
- Responsible for the achievement of Area Sales Budget for Life and General Insurance
- Accountable for monitoring and reporting sales engagement activities
- Responsible for external networking & relationship building with key door openers.
- Individually accountable for sales team leads and advisors i.e. tasks and output quality
- Balances own priorities with directing and motivating others
- Plans & assigns work over periods of up to three months
- Creates a climate for optimal performance.
- A first degree from a tertiary institution
- Minimum 5 years Sales experience in a team management role. Exposure to Life and General Insurance will be an added advantage
- Effectively meeting client needs; building profitable relationships; and taking responsibility for client experience
- The ability to make balanced and sound recommendations and decisions, by understanding issues and problems, evaluating the consequences of alternative solutions and selecting appropriate alternatives
- Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; adapting one’s own style to accommodate the target audience.
- Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; pushing beyond the boundaries and being proactive.
- Develop approaches that best position products, services and financial advice to prospective clients to illustrate the customer value proposition.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment. This includes working towards team goals, participating in decision making, co-operating with others and offering assistance
- Having achieved a Full performance level of technical knowledge, related to a specific role.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online