Retail Station Manager at a Reputable Downstream Oil and Gas Company – Michael Stevens Consulting
Michael Stevens Consulting is an international Human Resource Development & Management Consulting practice firm, with offices in Lagos, Port-Harcourt and Calabar, as well as in Accra, Ghana. Plans are at advanced stage to open subsidiaries in The Gambia, Sierra-Loan and Liberia.
Our Tailored programs afford you the opportunity to customize the trainin…
Read more about this company
Retail Station Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Rivers
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Roles & Responsibilities
- The successful candidate for our stations would be someone who is people oriented, self-motivated, dependable, and able to work effectively and safely in a fast-paced environment while maintaining 100% total customer focus.
- The Station Manager plans, directs, organizes, and implements the daily operational activities of a retail station.
- Primarily responsible for the achievement of station objectives, the implementation of Company policies and procedures, staffing, merchandising, and maintaining high standards of customer service and safety.
- Adopts and demonstrates philosophies and standards regarding station operations, image, and personnel management. Provides exceptional customer service and ensure team does the same, including but not limited to, a pleasant greeting, smiling, making eye contact, soliciting additional sales, processing the transaction accurately, thanking the customer and inviting them to return.
- Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote values.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills, including the ability to professionally communicate to your team, customers, colleagues, management and vendors.
- Ensure execution of established safety, security, quality, and policies.
- Manage day-to-day operation of the station. Duties include control and monitor station expenses and inventory, conduct mini-audits, computer entry, cleaning, maintenance, and customer relations.
- Manage matters relating to the team. Duties include recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, developing, and performance management.
- Assists Supervisor in special assignments or projects and keeps Area Manager informed of station operations.
- Performs all duties of station staff as required.
- Must conduct themselves at all times, in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by management.
Education, Experience & Attributes
- Minimum of a University Degree / HND qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
- Cognate experience in downstream retail.
- Honesty, commitment, hardworking and self-motivation.