Retail Store Manager at Outsource Africa (Ekiti & Kogi)
Outsource Africa is a recruitment agency based in Lagos, Nigeria. We are specialists in recruiting talents and understand the effort it takes to find the right talent. From our screening / profiling of candidates to final selection, we are with you every step of the way.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Retail Store Manager
Locations: Ekiti and Kogi
- The Store Manager (SM) is responsible for the daily operations of the Store and ensures high retail store performance by being sharp on cash management, stock management (incoming & outgoing), clean and hygienic space, clean racks and equipment, HACCP rules and Food Safety Plan, right execution of the planograms and article presentations, pricing and other indoor communications, customer service, friendliness and the store’s administration.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain proper inventory levels, ensure stocking, implement purchasing plans and maintain contact with suppliers to ensure maximum efficiency in meeting sales goals.
- Seek ways to better promote the store, the product line and service within the store.
- Manage all controllable costs with a view to maintaining profitability.
- Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards.
- Develop and arrange promotional material and in-store displays.
- Prepare detailed reports on buying trends, customer requirements, and profits.
- Manage store budget and update financial records.
- Handles key and alarm code for opening and closing the store.
- Propose innovative ideas to increase market share.
- Conduct personnel performance appraisals to assess training needs and build career paths.
- Deal with all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances etc).
- Creates awareness and ensures the goods receiving operations are executed excellently according to the BP for Receiving Goods.
- Checks the SKU data parameters and its actuality frequently.
- Ensures all spaces (front and back office) and equipment are clean and hygienic in accordance with
- Food Safety Plan / HACCP.
- Receives inspectors or representatives from the authorities in a professional, cooperative way.
- Creates awareness and ensures a safe and secure environment in and around the store without compromising on customer service.
- Processes and provides all necessary documents and forms to the Regional Operations Supervisor timely and accurately.
- Understands the local market conditions through competitor visits, with the purpose of making recommendations.
- Meet sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to store staff.
- Sets up the annual leave plan according to the Leave regulation.
- Develop and maintain a schedule for employees (2 weeks upfront) and promotions centered on holiday sales and other cycles.
- Engage the team to deliver great customer service consistently, excellent operational processes and strong teamwork through inspirational leadership.
- Encourage and inspire the team to maximize sales, achieve other goals and constantly look for ways to enhance performance and result.
- Communicate the business and store objectives clearly to the team to ensure the team remains well informed about the store activities.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Position as the subject of the email.