RFP-026NGA20-Consultant-Gender Sensitive Conflict Analysis
No. 10 Nguru Road, Off Damboa Road,
Maiduguri, Borno State,
To: All Suppliers
Request for Proposal No.: RFP-026NGA20-Consultant-Gender-Sensitive Conflict Analysis.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has received a grant from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the implementation of the
humanitarian aid operation entitled in northeast Nigeria. Part of this operation is the Service of Consultancy for Gender Sensitive Conflict Analysis. Therefore, the DRC requests you to submit price bid(s) for the supply of the item(s) listed on the attached DRC Bid Form Annex A,
GENDER SENSITIVE CONFLICT ANALYSIS CONSULTANCY
DRC is planning to conduct a mapping of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) engaged in Women Peace Security (WPS) and implementing the United Nations Security Council Resolution (UNSCR) 1325 State Action Plans for Borno and Adamawa States. In liaison with identified CSOs, DRC plans to conduct a gender-sensitive conflict analysis to inform local peacebuilding work on WPS, both DRC’s implementation as well as that of CSOs (in Borno and Adamawa States).
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSESSMENT
1) Provide a detailed mapping of CSOs in NE Nigeria (Adamawa and the Borno States) involved in WPS and more specifically on their coordination, advocacy and networks with regards to the implementation of UNSCR 1325 State Action Plans.
The analysis should also have a strong conflict-sensitive component and allow DRC to identify the main civil society actors involved in WPS to engage throughout the project and beyond. This exercise should also allow
DRC to identify relevant government counterparts to engage with throughout this project, and beyond.
2) In collaboration with DRC and identified CSOs, provide a gender-sensitive conflict analysis of local-level needs with regards to the promotion of WPS and implementation of UNSCR 1325 Action Plans in Adamawa and Borno States.
This component of the assessment aims to assess sensitivities, needs, and intervention avenues at the local level focusing on women’s meaningful participation in community safety, community decision-making and local
conflict management processes.
3) Provide recommendations for the implementation of the project, funded by the Dutch MFA, supporting civil society and other key stakeholders to coordinate and vocally advocate for the implementation of UNSCR 1325 State Action Plans as well as recommendations to DRC and CSOs for implementation of local peacebuilding initiatives promoting WPS agenda and State Action Plans.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT.
- Companies and registered individual consultants are both eligible to apply. Where a company is applying, the specific.researcher(s) to be used for the project should be named in the application, along with the provision of CVs for each proposed consultant.
- Demonstrated experience conducting in-depth research for humanitarian programmes, including management and delivery of supporting survey activities (FGDs, HH survey, KIIs).
- At least 5 years’ experience working on Peacebuilding and / Conflict Sensitivity & Conflict Analysis, Gender sensitivity, or other related fields.
- Demonstrated experience in training, facilitation, and supervising field research teams to collect and record data as per high-quality standards.
- Experience in applying participatory mapping techniques to community consultations.
- Experience in delivering conflict analyses for humanitarian programmes is desirable.
- Experience working in project management in humanitarian contexts is desirable
- Knowledge of WPS, UNSCR 1325 in the Northeast Nigeria context and experience with local peacebuilding and CSO initiatives to promote WPS/UNSCR 1325, government actors in Adamawa and Borno States is desirable.
- Fluency in English is essential (reading and writing) initiatives to promote WPS/UNSCR 1325, government actors in Adamawa and Borno States is desirable.
- Fluency in English is essential (reading and writing)
Details in attached Annex F-Statement of Work.
I. TENDER DETAILS
The Tender details are as follows:
· The Tender details are as follows:
· RFP published 05-Aug-2020
· Closing date for clarifications 11-August-2020
· Closing date and time for receipt of Tenders 14-August-2020 (04:00 PM)-Nigeria Time
· Tender Opening Location DRC Office-Maiduguri (No. 10 Nguru Road, Off Damboa Road, Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria.)
· Tender Opening Date and time 17-August-2020 (10:00 AM)-Nigeria
PLEASE NOTE: NO BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE ABOVE CLOSING TIME AND DATE
How to apply:
All interested and qualified applicant should contact the supply chain department for the full tender package.
Supply Chain focal point emails;