Risk Analyst at Mkobo Microfinance Bank Limited
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
MKOBO Microfinance Bank Limited is a fully licensed MFB by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). MKOBO was conceived to help solve consumers’ need for access to short-term emergency credit. Our goal is to provide access to short term unsecured loans, which is easily accessible. We cater to the demography currently underserved by the Commercial banks in ou…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Location: Yaba, Lagos
- This role will report to the Risk Manager and will be responsible for recovery of overdue payments from customers. The successful candidate will also be working with the credit department to assess credit applications and identify suitability.
- Devise customized recovery strategy on a case-by-case basis.
- Make outbound collection calls to defaulting customers.
- Manage relationship with external debt collectors.
- Design and negotiate payment plans for defaulting customers with management’s approval.
- Follow up with customers on previous payment plans.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date customer account information.
- When necessary, liaise with Lawyers, Bailiffs, and Enforcement agencies.
- Negotiate settlements with customers.
- Take ownership of debt recovery cases and collateral where required.
- Maintain appropriate and comprehensive records of all customer discussions as it relates to debt recovery.
- Report daily, weekly and monthly progress against targets to Management.
- Participate in the weekly credit review committee meeting.
- Manage relationship with debtor customers to ensure compliance with repayment agreements.
- Conduct and document recovery visitations to customers.
- Review, process and reconcile accounts of indebted customers, to ensure amicable resolution & payment of agreed sum.
- Recover past due payments from delinquent customers.
- Work with the Risk Manager to assess credit applications.
- Perform detailed analysis on applications with reference to approved policies to assess suitability of applications.
- Minimum of a Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, etc. from a reputable University.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in retail credit, risk and recovery.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of proper and ethical debt collection techniques.
- Ability to quickly build a picture of a customer’s personal circumstances and needs.
- Strong negotiating, counselling, and problem solving skills.
- Experience of collecting first and third party accounts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites Word, Excel and Access.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Able to work well as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Strong attention to detail. Having a keen sense of urgency.
- Excellent listening ability and superb questioning techniques.
- Always accurate and on time in completing duties.
- Customer relationship management skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving, Critical reasoning, detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and writing skills.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of FINTECH
- Sound Knowledge of Civil Servant /Payroll Loans e. g through IPPIS and Oracle.
- N50,000 – N75,000 monthly.
Method of Application
Note: If you’re not contacted within 2 weeks from the deadline of this application, your application was not successful.
Interested and qualified? Go to MKOBO Microfinance Bank on hire.peoplehum.com to apply
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love