ROVING FINANCE ASSISTANT- Nigerian national only
Job position – Roving Finance Assistant
Work location – Maiduguri with regular visits to the field.
Reporting to – Finance Officer
Supervision of – N/A
General purpose of the position
Under the direct supervision of the Finance Officer, the Roving Finance Assistant will oversee and manage all field transactions; petty cash reimbursement and coordinating payment to volunteers, preparing financial documentation and reporting all financial activities carried out in the field. In addition, S/he will take charge of reviewing payments, purchase request, reviewing financial records for accuracy, prepare bank reconciliations, and conduct cash counts. S/he will ensure the strict compliance to INTERSOS’s internal regulations, financial policies and procedures.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· In collaboration with Maiduguri finance officer prepares the monthly visit plan and communicates it with the finance management for approval.
· Partakes in periodic visits to the fields to manage financial issues in collaboration with the fields administrative/focal points.
· Conducts periodic cash counting for the fields of safe boxes and generates cash counting reports.
· Follows up and closes the pending amounts of the fields’ staff.
· Checks and collects the fields financial documents (invoices, receipts, attendance sheets…etc) and supply them to Maiduguri finance office for archiving and safekeeping.
· Ensures integrity of all financial supporting documentation, proper filling and archive thereof to satisfy INTERSOS regulations;
· Supports the projects staff in any related financial issues like volunteers’ payments, casual workers, guards, housekeepers and ensures strict compliance in following appropriate payment documentation.
· Carries out periodic checks for the logistics works in the fields and collaborates with the logistics staff for any needed financial support.
· Carries out the cash movements from Maiduguri office to the fields according to the projects’ managers requirements and cash requirements forecast.
· Registers the fields expenditures in the sub PN and reports his daily PN to Maiduguri Finance officer to check and consolidate.
· Monitors the fields staff pending aging and liaise with them to close the pending in accordance to the specified maximum aging in INTERSOS Control Model.
· Controls and reports the fields fixed assets and reconcile the logistics inventory records with the actual existing assets in the fields
· Assists the finance team in the monthly/yearly closing and projects financial closing
· Degree in Finance/Accounting/ Business Administration
· Minimum 2 years finance/Accounting experience in a multinational working environment
· Minimum 1-year experience with recognized INGO
· Good Reporting and analysis skills
· Manage and organize information systems, establish and maintain filing systems
· Strong interpersonal and team-building skills and excellence as a team player
· Excellent command of English and local language oral and written.
· Background/familiarity with Emergency.
· Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
· Good computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentation etc.) are an added advantage.
· Knowledge the use of Google Drive
· Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills.
· English, Hausa (Kanuri and/or Shuwa desirable)
How to apply:
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 26th June 2020 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.