Safety and Security Officer (position for Nigeria Nationals only)
Job position – Safety and Security Officer
Work location – Maiduguri (All Fields)
Reporting to – Safety and Security Coordinator
Supervision of– Safety and Security Assistants/Guards
General-purpose of the position
Under the broad supervision of the Safety and Security Coordinator, the role provides the security team with information, technical assistance, and ensures compliance to INTERSOS security risk management procedures. The position supports the security office in information gathering, maintaining a high level of contextual awareness of his/her operating area and strong coordination with program and support teams at the field level.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· Enables a continuous approach in monitoring all INTERSOS operational areas of implementation.
· Ensures vehicle and staff movements are monitored according to procedures and that necessary safety and security equipment are available and in good condition.
· Ensures the safety readiness of all INTERSOS staff at field level through regular integration of safety and security management priorities and objectives into field office planning.
· Prepares hibernation, relocation and evacuation plan for the mission and ensures security reports and advisories are disseminated on a routine basis to all INTERSOS field staff.
· Manages and liaises on daily basis with the contracted guarding services to ensure the guard force is aware of INTERSOS standards and can effectively provide for the safety of compound/staff and assets.
· Liaises with the Army, Police, State Security Service, Local Heads and other key external stakeholders to ensure that INTERSOS staff can maintain regular and safe access to program areas.
· Promotes a strong safety and security culture at their field office(s) through continuous trainings and collaborative security assessments with all field-based staff
· Maintains physical safety standards as established by the safety unit for INTERSOS offices and guesthouses and field level guesthouses.
· Ensures all INTERSOS field-based staff are aware of established safety and security strategies and have the means to follow established protocols on a continuous basis.
· Ensures contracted guard force maintains a high standard of guarding for INTERSOS office and residence, and when required take corrective action in line with the mission’s security management procedures.
· Ensures required relationships with local police and other security agencies are maintained in order to assist (when required) with ensuring the safety of INTERSOS staff, facilities and assets.
· Develops and implements quarterly training plans for all INTERSOS field level staff focused on safety awareness and skill sets.
· Ensures all field level crisis management plans are kept up to date and reviewed regularly.
· Supports to international visitors as assigned.
· University Degree in any field, preferably in Disaster Risk Management.
· Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience implementing Safety & Security within similar fragile background/familiarity in an emergency context.
· Strategic Communicator.
· Result oriented individual.
· A good sense of humor is an asset.
· Ability to work under stress.
· Conversant with software MS, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Excellent communication skills- English both oral and written,
· Ability to speak Local languages in Borno, North Eastern Nigerian (Kanuri is a plus)
· Highly motivated, flexible, reliable and trustworthy.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY
applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 16th September 2020 at 4:00 PM.**
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.