Safety / Security Coordinator (M / F) at Medecins du Monde (MdM)
Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Safety / Security Coordinator (M / F)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are responsible for the development and implementation of the security plan and the monitoring and control of the safety and security of people, goods and programmes. You improve contextual analysis, support operational management and strengthen the security capacities of the mission.
- You manage directly the security advisor in Maiduguri and you work in close collaboration with the logistics coordinators and the field coordinators.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Conduct geopolitical monitoring and security analysis and follow-up in the areas of intervention
- Monitor the security events database shared by INSO
- Create detailed maps of the intervention areas with security specifications and past events
- Map the different actors, stakeholders and groups
- Participate in the follow-up of all protection measures to be implemented, especially in Damboa
- Participate in the review and check the consistency, existence and monitoring of field security procedures and tools
- Ensure the review and the update of the contingency plan
- Conduct briefings and debriefings on existing tools and on context and country rules, where necessary for staff
- Provide information and training for field staff in security procedures and management tools, communication procedures and tools
- Support the logistics department in monitoring of movements
- Liaise with INSO as resource/support provider on security management and share with them relevant information (e.g. list of relocable staff)
- Monitor, build upon, centralize and archive field security incidents, liaise with the general coordinator and HQ, and provide advice/warn according to the severity of the incident
- Support staff relocation process when needed
- Develop security recommendations and provide valuable information (e.g. indicators to trigger staff relocation)
- Ensure proper debriefing with each team member coming back from Damboa
- Participate in the recruitment of the new liaison officer, conduct his/her induction and training, and set up his/her objectives
Reporting and Representation:
- Participate in weekly coordination meetings
- Participate in humanitarian security meetings
- Ensure and coordinate the writing of a weekly security analysis report.
- Knowledge of the Nigerian context
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with international NGOs in high risk humanitarian contexts at operational, logistical or security positions
- Training in security management an asset
- Good knowledge of Office 365
- Knowledge of mapping tools an asset
- Team spirit and interpersonal skills
- Sense of initiative
- Rigour and organizational skills
- Experience in capacity building
- Ability to analyze, conceptualize and plan
- Informal and formal networking
- Knowledge and mastery of security management methodologies and tools for humanitarian missions
- Writing and communication skills
- Good stress management.
- Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory.
- Arabic is an asset. You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
Conditions of Employment
- Starting date: April 20, 2021
- Gross monthly salary: 2 846 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by Modem and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year – minimum of 6 months seniority required)
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.
Application Closing Date