Safety System Compliance & Reporting Officer at Dangote Group
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Safety System Compliance & Reporting Officer
Requisition ID: IbesePlantHSE002
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Employment Type: Full Time
- Conduct identification, assessment and analysis of the hazardous activities within the operations
- Oversee development of a site induction package outlining the major hazards and the safety requirements to avoid or control those hazards
- Develop a plant based H&S training and development plan based on the needs of each operation and the major hazards identified
- Oversee the quality of induction safety programs being conducted for both the plant and contractor employees
- Conduct and coordinate internal and external systems audits to evaluate H&S performance
- Advise management on deficiencies in the safety performance at the operations
- Ensure specific surveys and reporting are conducted in an approved format. These surveys may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lifting equipment
- Pressure vessels
- Occupational noise
- Thermal exposure
- Chemical exposure
- Air quality
- Develop an annual H&S improvement plan and monitor its implementation
- Ensure relevant documents/records for safety are properly maintained at plant
- Provide specialist advise on matters relating to H&S
- Ensure compliance to all relevant H&S legal requirements.
- Possession of a professional certificate in HSE; NEBOSH IGC and ISPON HSE Level 3 is a MUST.
- Hold a Higher National Diploma or a Degree in Engineering / other relevant Degree
- Understanding of Country H&S laws
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of Audit and Inspection
- Incident Investigation with Root cause Analysis.
- Excellent knowledge/experience on Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment and Control
- Excellent knowledge on Fire Safety Management
- Understanding of current concepts in H&S and/or related integrated management systems
- Understanding of typical plant operations/dynamics
- Experience in Cement industry or other heavy industry
- Communication skills
- English and national / regional language (verbal and written).
- Initiative & drive
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
Skills and Experiences:
- Adequate knowledge of the cement and other manufacturing Sector Skills
- Adequate knowledge of safety regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability.
- Ability to adequately analyze an incident and proffer valuable solutions.
- Ability to communicate incidences and emergencies clearly.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply