Sales Manager at Euronews | HotNigerianJobs
Euronews is Europe’s leading international news channel. We are an international news media, providing news with a European perspective to a worldwide audience through 12 cross-platform editions, of which 9 with distinct TV channels.
Our mission is to empower people to form their own opinion. We trust in people’s intelligence and ability to make up their own mind and seek to provide our audience with the greatest diversity of viewpoints through journalism that is unapologetically impartial.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Sales Manager – Nigeria
Employment Type: Contract
Start Activity: May 2021
- The Sales Manager is responsible for the delivery of profitable sales revenues from Nigeria for Euronews TV, Euronews.com, Africanews and Africanews.com. These revenues include TV and digital advertising (direct and programmatic), sponsorship, all forms of content marketing, events, business development and diversification revenues as well as affiliate sales support to develop new revenue streams for the Group.
- The role is an important figurehead for Euronews group in Nigeria, responsible for building relationships and profile for our brands and ensuring visibility and relevance for the Group amongst a high profile business and media community locally.
- In close collaboration with the International Sales Director Africa, the Sales Manager Nigeria sets the country’ sales strategy, forecasts and delivers sales targets and provides regular progress and performance updates.
- The Sales Manager will derive support from a Paris/London based team in digital, marketing, content marketing, audience insights and sales support that services a wider group of territories. They will form part of the Africa sales team with members based in Paris and Johannesburg.
- The Sales Manager Nigeria will play a significant role in identifying new opportunities to build brand, audience and revenue, will work closely with editorial and product teams, in particular for Africanews, in order to ensure the relevance and commercial appeal of our offer to the market.
- Experience dependent, here is an opportunity for this role to also support the Distribution Director with affiliate relationships in market.
- Develop and implement national strategies and tactical plans to sell integrated and cross-platform packages across TV, desktop, mobile, video, and branded content.
- Build a high profile within the industry, including taking opportunities to participate in industry forums/speaking opportunities and engaging with relevant industry bodies at the highest level
- Develop both high-level client relationships for our Key Accounts, as well as a network of key industry contacts.
- Lead the representation of Euronews and Africanews at customer events, high level client and government interaction and create opportunities for the building of new business relationships
- Establish a reputation as a trusted partner and thought leader, and represent Euronews Group at trade organizations and events and with the press
- Provide regular reporting and status updates to senior management on sales performance, as well as on market conditions.
- Support international colleagues in their efforts to deliver revenues from all regions through the sharing of market and customer insight.
- Work closely with editorial, product, marketing and wider business to develop products and services that will attract key customers/categories within your portfolio.
Ideal Profile Candidate
- Degree level education, Bi-Lingual in English and ideally another language.
- 5+ Years’ Experience in the broadcast media industry in English-speaking African countries including Nigeria and ideally sales experience in a matrixed organization with an understanding of editorially-led organizations
- A knowledge of both digital and television, as well as an unparalleled understanding of advertising in all its forms, including traditional display, content solutions and programmatic selling
- Established network of contacts and relationships within the advertising and marketing industry as well as an understanding of production, content development, distribution and content sales.
- Successful track record in new business development, nurturing existing client relationships across multiple platforms and building client and agency relationships at the highest level
- A strategic and nimble brain that combines judgment, experience and commercial insight with an ability to operate at ground level, including the development of commercial offers, content solutions, campaign reporting and project management.
- Experience of working with governments and corporate sectors especially in roles that require development of content and production solutions.
- Experience in local digital and cable television landscapes.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Process of Application
If you want to be a part of this story and make Euronews and Africanews an influential destination in Nigeria and beyond, please send the following documents to us:
- Your resume/ CV
- Your cover letter presenting your experience, skills and achievements, how you meet the requirements of the position as outlined as well as your vision for Euronews and Africanews in the national media landscape
Note: Euronews Talent Acquisition and Sales Management Team will review all applications and invite the most qualified to video call interviews. If you haven’t heard back from us within two weeks from the closure date, please consider your application unsuccessful.