Sales Manager – Heavy Duty Equipment at a Multinational Company – HR Leverage Africa
HRLeverage Africa is in tune with the global shakeups and as such we also provide solution to talented staff who may have been affected by a downsized organization.
As part of your severing policy, you can consult us to help you search for better career opportunities for your recently out placed staff. We have the passion and ability to educate, mentor, c…
Read more about this company
Sales Manager – Heavy Duty Equipment
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 – 10 years
- Location Abuja , Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- We are looking to fill the position of a Sales Manager who will be responsible for executing the strategic direction and operational control of the Sales Office’s activity under the direction of the Company Management.
- As the Sales Manager, the jobholder is directly responsible to achieve the set sales targets and gross profits for the company’s products and services.
- The job holder is also responsible for the business development, continuous competency improvement, establishment of healthy customer relationship and cultivation of corporate identity.
To implement the Sales & Marketing strategy for the Lagos and or Abuja Office in line with:
- Market development in terms of growth potential;
- Market positioning in terms of technology & price competitiveness; and Emerging opportunities target markets.
- To be responsible for achieving the assigned products’ sales budget and growth targets.
- To identify and establish new customers as well as new business opportunities to ensure successful market penetration.
- To establish healthy customer and consultant relations and to provide efficient customer service/support so as to solicit and maintain their confidence in the reputation of the products and services offered by the company as well as to improve the chances of successful sales.
- To closely monitor the competitive environment including technology and commercial developments of key competitors and provide these inputs to the Head of Technology to develop counter-strategies.
- To submit quotations or tenders after proper evaluation and analysis of customers’ needs, such as the budget, method of financing and technical configuration, and to follow up regularly on submitted proposals.
- To attend to customers’ queries, requests and complaints; to follow-up and ensure prompt and correct delivery as well as collection of outstanding accounts.
- To conduct market survey so as to collate information on market demand for the purpose of planning marketing strategy for the company’s products and services.
- To select and participate in relevant conferences and exhibitions.
- To liaise with the team members to ensure proposals are technically correct and accurate.
- To compile monthly prospects list of customers and recommended follow-up actions for submission to the Head of Technology.
- To provide periodic activity report and market information so as to keep the management updated on competitors’ movements and the company’s position in the market.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering or any other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 5- 10 years experience with Strong sales background .
- Knowledge of heavy duty and construction equipment.
- Successful track record in managing large sales teams and result oriented.
- In depth knowledge of Nigerian markets
- Passion for markets and attention to details.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.