Security and Logistics Coordinator
Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Security and Logistics Coordinator for the USAID-funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 03 activity in Nigeria. This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano and Yobe States. The objectives of the activity include 1) Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment; 2) Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up; 3) Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and 4) Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria with intermittent local travel to all 6 implementing states. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
· Establish and maintain relationships with local law enforcement, security partners, and other points of contact to gather information on the security situation in relevant operating areas.
· Provide timely dissemination of security updates, alerts, and advisories to staff in the field and in the Abuja office, with a focus on proactively managing risk through information.
· Manage the security and logistics for staff travel, undertaking appropriate trip planning, recommending necessary security measures, and coordinating logistical arrangements.
· Lead the development and implementation of the journey management plan, including determining security and logistical requirements for travel, monitoring travel while underway, and coordinating various travel procedures.
· Serve as the first point of call in case of an incident or emergency and support the response of the project Incident Management Team through the provision security information and other coordinating actions.
· Work closely with HR/Operations Director to assist in the management of the Chemonics security platform in Abuja and in regional locations, ensuring appropriate implementation of project security requirements while making recommendations for improvement where necessary according to assessed risks.
· Coordinate regular updates of key project security documentation including the project phone tree, emergency action plan, approved hotel lists, security risk assessments, and project assessment of safety and security.
· Recommend and coordinate staff training program such as regular briefings, security guidelines, communication procedures, travel precautions, and emergency procedures.
· Regularly travel to Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano, and Yobe States to provide direct support.
· Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
· At least 3 years of relevant work experience coordinating security, logistics, and/or related operational functions.
· Strong contextual knowledge of the security environment in Nigeria, including current threat environment, key actors, and best practices for operational security.
· Well-connected with local authorities and NGOs operating in Nigeria, as well as possessing an ability to leverage network connections to promote gathering of key security information.
· Prior professional experience working in law enforcement or military coupled with private sector work experience preferred.
· Experience working with international donor programs is preferred.
· Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
How to apply:
Please apply through https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/nigeria_sharp_to3 by April 17, 2020. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.