Senior Accountant at Canarypointcs
Canary Point Corporate Services Ltd. is a financial services group of companies. CPCSL is a holding company for various other companies that offer a range of investment and financial services to the public with the aim of offering effective money management. CPCSL encompasses a broad range of businesses whose services span various areas of specialty within …
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
This position plays a key support role to the Group Finance Head in the following areas, included but not limited to Financial & Strategic Plan implementation, Financial Governance & Reporting and operational excellence.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports in the implementation of articulated financial strategy for eh business based on business growth and plans
- Ensures the effective day-to-day accounting operations, transaction processes and reconciliations in a timely and qualitative manner
- Assists in the preparation of management accounts for the company
- Preparation and update of schedules to the account
- Prepares reports and key information to Finance Head and other internal/external stakeholders as directed
- Manage departmental budgetary allocations and ensure that disbursements are adequately tracked and/or retired as due
- Assist in the preparation of company annual budgets
- Works with the Line Manager to reduce costs, enhance revenues, achieve effective utilisation of capital and attain projected cash flow, IRR/ROC and profitability targets.
- Acts as liaison with external financial services organisations, auditors, regulators, clients and related parties and investors as may be required
- Actively promotes effective financial processes including internal control, risk assessment and mitigation, proper documentation and spending accountabilities
- Observe and report market trends, competitor activities & consumer preferences and positions
- Ensures compliance with industry, regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Ensure the provision of timely, comprehensive and accurate financial reports, providing regular updates for Line Manager and Management’s use
- Remit statutory taxes to appropriate bodies as at when due
- Reports known contraventions of financial statutory regulations and/or group policies to Line Manager
- Assists in Audit/Examination queries as may be required from time to time
- Ensure compliance with relevant investment and securities Act and anti-money laundering policies
- Performs other assigned duties as delegated by the CFO from time to time.
- Strong analysis and financial modelling skills with advanced use of Microsoft Excel and other analytical tools 5-8 years of experience, preferably in the financial industry
- Must have power or energy work experience
- Must be based in around Lekki, Jakande, Ajah, Surulere and its environs.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline
- ICAN/ACCA Membership is an added advantage
- Minimum 3-5years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Good presentation skills with knowledge of PowerPoint and other presentation tools
- Good knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications, Word, Outlook, etc.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Adequacy and effectiveness of accounting processes & systems in enabling business operations
- Effectiveness and adequacy of Treasury and cash management efforts
- Timeliness and accuracy of financial management reports within support function
- Number of amendments to bank instructions as a result of internal company negligence
- Performance on external audit examinations; number and complexity of queries raised, level of suspense and unreconciled items
- Ease of retrieval of information and documents
- Timeliness of service delivery to end users
- Minimizing cost of operations
- Customer satisfaction levels – speed of delivery and quality of service.
HND/Bsc/Msc in Finance/ Accounting
NB: Only applications of those residing in the specified locations will be considered.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.