Senior Accounting Officer at ForeMedia Group
ForeMedia Group is a catalyst and natural extension to the creative talent of African descendants and beyond. We build a digital ecosystem for talents to learn, create, distribute, and monetise across the entire digital entertainment landscape to give African creatives a voice on a global stage
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accounting Officer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant who combines excellent leadership and analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles
- Oversee all payment of statutory remittance in a timely manner
- Preparation of salary and ensure disbursement on due date
- Oversee and monitor timely submission of Invoices
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for proper and correct entry.
- Assist with annual audit preparations.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payables and receivables
- Investigate and resolve audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Summarize and prepare financial status and transactions reports, including a profit and loss statement, and other necessary reports for management review
- Oversee the compilation of financial information into financial statements with accompanying disclosures as well as ensuring the numbers are accurate.
- Follow all company policies and procedures as well as maintaining confidentiality of company’s information.
- Contribute to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures
- Perform other accounting duties and supporting team members as required or assigned
- Coordinate, plan, assign and review staff’s work
- B.Sc Degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant fields
- Minimum of 5 + years of proven accounting experience. (Relevant certification such as ICAN, ACCA, CMA are preferred)
- Hands-on experience in accounting software package.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly advanced MS Excel
- Excellent leadership, effective communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to pay attention to details and good analytical skills
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.