Senior Advisor at Options Consultancy Services Limited
Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Maternal and Perinatal, Death, Surveillance & Response (MPDSR) Advisor
Reference: E4A – MamaYe Programme
Type of Contract: Full time, initial 1-year fixed contract
- Options is recruiting up to two Senior Maternal and Perinatal Death Surveillance & Response (MPDSR) Advisors. As a MPDSR Advisor you will be expected to provide technical vision and guidance in the area of MPDSR programme to E4A-MamaYe in Nigeria.
- As Senior Maternal and Perinatal, Death, Surveillance & Response (MPDSR) Advisor you will be expected to provide technical vision and guidance in the area of MPDSR programme to E4A-MamaYe in Nigeria.
- Your responsibilities will mainly be on the Evidence for Action-MamaYe (E4A) project, with occasional support to other projects.
- E4A-MamaYe supports governments in Kenya and Nigeria to introduce, implement and strengthen Maternal and Perinatal Death Surveillance and Response (MPDSR) systems. In Nigeria, we provide support in Lagos, Bauchi and Niger states and in Kenya our support is specifically to Nairobi and Bungoma County. To date, we have worked specifically with the state or county level MPDSR Steering Committees or Technical Working Groups (TWG).
- In 2021, we are looking to implement a community MPDSR project in Nigeria, with a view to developing a sustainable and scalable model. You will have a specific focus on supporting and providing technical assistance to this project.
To suceed in this role, you will have:
- Experience of supporting an overseas programme in their technical area of expertise, ideally for at least two years.
- Experience managing project’s technical and operation’s staff.
- Minimum of 7 years working experience in the areas of maternal, newborn, and child health.
- Familiarity with the FMOH and SMOH structures and functions especially relating to maternal, newborn, and child health
- Demonstrated ability to operate within their technical area with oversight and supervision.
- Ability and willingness to respond independently to requests for technical inputs in their defined area
- Excellent skills in communication, written and verbal
- Proven ability to network and manage relationships with partners, consultants and technical resource persons
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Overseas candidates require a valid Nigeria work permit.
Commensurate with experience
Application Closing Date
16th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- To apply, please fill in the form here
- Closing date for applications is: 16 February
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).