Senior ASRH Officer (Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health)
Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria and had program Emergency WASH response in the Cross-River states. NCA has its core competencies in Water Sanitation and Hygiene –WASH, Gender Based Violence with mainstreamed Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners ensures their capacities are built from the onset of response, in order to enable them to have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development Senior ASRH Officer (Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health).
Maiduguri with frequent travels to Monguno, Pulka and Dikwa + any other project locations.**
Location: Maiduguri with frequent travels to Monguno, Pulka and Dikwa + any other project locations.**
NCA is seeking a qualified and experienced Adolescent, Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) Senior Officer who will lead the direct implementation and monitoring of all ASRH interventions and activities established in Borno state. The role of the ASRH senior Officer is to support the technical aspect of the GBV/ASRH project in Borno state and any other locations through supporting and following-up projects implementation, strengthening the referral system for adolescent care and services as well as providing capacity building for partners, health workers, program staff and community women on ASRH, referrals and gender responsive needs of the beneficiaries/girls and boys. She/he will also work closely with the GBV/ASRH manager to provide technical assistance on GBV & ASRH programming and activities, working closely with NCA local partners, health facilities and other service providers and on mainstreaming ASRH into other sector activities within NCA to ensure integrated programming. Will support the GBV/ASRH manager as delegated to attend the Health cluster meetings on monthly basis and as needed and takes responsibilities for reporting of all ASRH activities to the GBV/ASRH manager. She/he will also ensure best practices and international standards are met in our services provision.
- Work closely with the GBVASRH manager to mainstream ASRH into other sectors including WASH.
- Conduct capacity building training for partner staff on ASRH programming with support from GBV/ASRH program manager.
- Work closely with health sector, ministry of health Borno state and other health partners to ensure close coordination of activities and best practices.
- Conduct regular supportive field monitoring visits to partner locations and support NCA ASRH officers on activities, coordination and implementation.
- Work closely with ASRH officers, other sectors-WASH officers to assess ASRH risk/issues and update supervisors, whereas working closely with the GBV/ASRH manager to address issues identified
- Conduct ASRH risk mapping and GBV safety audits in project locations closely with other project teams, including senior GBV officers, senior WASH officers.
- Provide timely feedback on the ongoing activities to supervisor and work closely to address any issue as identified during implementation.
- Contribute to GBV ASRH strategy development ensuring ASRH component of the program is fully captured.
- Lead the contextualization of ASRH materials developed at NCA global level – other existing materials including training materials and IEC.
- Develop plans for effective implementation for ASRH activities.
- Manage/supervise ASRH officers.
Education, Certifications and experience
- A B.Sc. in Nursing, Master’s degree in public health or its related field
- 3-5 years of working experience and implementing ASRH programme in emergencies.
- Strong experience in GBV programming an advantage
- Strong understanding of gender equality principles
- Strong Knowledge and skills in providing CMR is required.
- Strong experience in supportive monitoring programs
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team setting.
- Has excellent planning and well organized.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Fluency in English and Hausa
- Fluency in Kanuri, Shuwa will be an added advantage
- Good experience working in Northeast Nigeria especially knowledge working in Dikwa, Monguno, Pulka will be an added advantage.
- Experience in implementing gender-transformative approaches to health
- Flexible and can adapt to prevailing environment.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Norwegian Church Aid and amongst beneficiaries served by Norwegian Church Aid
Compliance & Ethics:
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Norwegian Church Aid. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Norwegian Church Aid’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values
Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
How to apply:
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted. **
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resources, Norwegian Church Aid via the email:
Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
Deadline for submission is June 24, 2020