Senior Associate, AHD Diagnostics at the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate, AHD Diagnostics
Employment type: Full Time
Program (Division): Infectious Disease – Global HIV Access Program
- The HIV Access Program (HAP) is seeking a highly qualified individual to fill the position of Senior Associate, HIV Diagnostics to support the Advanced HIV Disease (AHD) team in scaling access to high-quality diagnostic products to screen and diagnose patients with AHD and associated opportunistic infections and improving patient outcomes and reducing HIV related mortality
- The Senior Associate will be a member of the HIV Diagnostics sub team, and will be responsible for supporting several countries in East and Southern Africa and Southeast Asia
- The Senior Associate will work remotely with CHAI country teams, traveling frequently between countries when this becomes feasible, to provide end-to-end technical assistance to Ministries of Health to enable sustainable access to diagnostic services needed to implement an AHD package of care. This will include building strong, trusted relationships with CHAI country teams, Ministry of Health counterparts, and partner organizations, and providing technical assistance in all aspects of introducing and implementing diagnostic technologies
- He / She will be expected to build consensus among a range of stakeholders and to independently find creative solutions to systems or process challenges that delay progress towards program goals
- We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and communication skills
- The candidate must be able to function independently and flexibly and have a strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, entrepreneurship, and strong work ethic.
- Preference for this position to be based in a CHAI program country in Africa, pending CHAI country leadership approval.
- Serve as a key advisor to CHAI’s country teams, Ministries of Health, and in-country partners to help countries address barriers to high quality AHD-related diagnostic services, particularly CD4, CrAg screening, and TB LAM
- Support the adoption, introduction, and scale-up of new innovative diagnostic technologies in focus countries to enable identification and treatment of patients with opportunistic infections
- This may include building consensus and compiling evidence for technology selection, the development and operationalization of the service delivery model using new diagnostic technologies in collaboration of CHAI’s technical advisors, supporting small-scale implementation and national scale-up planning, and troubleshooting any supply issues
- Help structure and drive key quantitative and qualitative analyses to support the business case for the introduction of new diagnostic products and enable the governments to make informed decisions about technology choice
- Develop and share best practices across country programs to ensure knowledge is shared on the strategies, tools and experiences of all programs
- Support various aspects of program management including strategy, planning, budgeting, monitoring & evaluation, knowledge management, qualitative and quantitative analysis, implementation, and reporting
- Design and implement tools that support effective implementation of new diagnostic products and supportive systems
- Support the development of workplans, tracking progress, troubleshooting delays and roadblocks to achieve ambitious goals
- Support documentation of work, including the development of presentations and briefs to disseminate the information on project progress and impact
- Other responsibilities as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in global health, international development, and/or management consulting
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving approach
- Strong verbal, visual and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships independently with senior government and NGO representatives and navigate complex government processes in a collaborative manner
- Good strategic thinker able to think creatively around long-term program objectives and the detailed steps necessary to achieve these goals
- Ability to multi-task and to be effective in high-pressure situations, and able to adapt to fast-paced and changing environments, both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently on complex projects and solve challenging problems with limited structural or operational support
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel regionally up to 50% of the time
- English language fluency, both written and verbal
- Experience working in low / middle income countries, particularly with HIV or other infectious diseases
- Experience working with country governments and international partners in low/middle income settings
- Private sector experience in a technology sector targeting emerging markets.
Application Closing Date
18th June, 2021.