Senior Associate/Associate Vice-President Business Development (Investment / Fundraising / Asset Management) – Lagos, Nigeria
Job title: Senior Associate/Associate Vice-President Business Development (Investment / Fundraising / Asset Management) – Lagos, Nigeria
Company: CA Global
Job description: Senior Associate/Associate Vice-President Business Development (Investment / Fundraising / Asset Management) – Lagos, Nigeria
February 24, 2022
Our banking client is currently recruiting an Senior Associate/Associate Vice-President Business Development for their Business Development division. This role covers strategy business development and execution of various fund-raising strategies to mobilize the first US$1 billion of the Initial Offering of our clients Capital Partners. As such, the incumbent must possess strong investment, fundraising and project management skills and experience. The incumbent will also be required to demonstrate a sound understanding of asset management and investment track record to support the successful entry into asset management, including mobilizing the first US$1 billion of the Initial Offering.
The incumbent will work closely with the Investment teams on origination, deal screening, appraisal, and execution of co-investment opportunities alongside our client..
Business Development – Fund Raising
- Identify potential clients and investors for third-party capital raising including but not limited to sovereign wealth funds, private sector players, pension funds and regional development finance institutions and other relevant institutional investors interested in deepening their exposure to Africa’s growing infrastructure opportunities.
- Develop concise, engaging and impactful marketing pitch for potential clients and investors.
- Support all business development efforts including roadshows, investor events, seminars, and investors data room etc.
- Maintain database of all potential clients, investors, and collaborators across Africa and globally.
- Proactive identification of additional client needs during deal execution in order to secure follow-on business from existing clients.
- Support the fund raising of the Fund
Business Development – Co-investments
- Develop a strong pipeline of co-investment opportunities alongside the Investment teams
- Source, assess, and execute co-investment opportunities that match the investment criteria of Funds under management.
- Structuring and Negotiation: Work with the Investment teams to structure the participation of Capital Partners.
- Deal Execution: from initiation, due diligence, internal approvals, and processing of debt and equity investment, actively handling key work and directing and coordinating work of other team members from across multiple departments. Take full responsibility and accountability for transaction related decisions and relationships.
- Forge viable relationships with potential investors and clients including but not limited to sovereign wealth funds, private sector players, pension funds and regional development finance institutions and other relevant institutional investors.
- Maintain active relationship with investors, providing frequent updates as required.
- Attend relevant investor programs to fortify relationships and identify new possible relationships.
- Maintain close interaction and follow up with the Sector Directors and Associates to assist with the development and courting of potential opportunities for the business.
- Use opportunities of client visits and other work-related travels (e.g. conferences and workshops) to engage in primary origination efforts.
- Support institutional building by working closely with various teams within the group to execute the co-investment strategy, set-up the requisite back-office, middle office, and reporting framework required by the investors
- Provide support in developing a disciplined and rigorous process for fund mobilization decisions.
- Develop appropriate forms and templates for managing the pipeline, deal execution, and all business development activities
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks related to executing the strategy of the company as requested by Senior members of the team.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Possess a strong track record of academic achievement at the undergraduate level from a leading university in finance or related discipline.
- Relevant advanced degree in Business Administration, Finance, Investments or other analytical related field.
- Relevant professional qualifications/certifications related to finance such as CFA will be advantageous.
- Typically, 8-12 years of experience in investment and development banking, private equity, Asset management, consulting and/or industrial conglomerate as well as managerial level experience.
- Relevant working experience in project and infrastructure financing transactions in the infrastructure sector.
- Extensive experience in Investment and Asset Management with solid track record in originating, appraising, and executing a sizeable investment of debt and equity investments in emerging and developing countries across a wide range of sectors.
- Proven track record of leading negotiations, execution and documentation of debt and equity investments.
- Deep knowledge and practical experience in integrating ESG and Climate Change integration principles in the investment process.
- Solid communication and writing skills (fluency in English is required).
- Willingness to travel “out-of-station” with minimal prior notice
- Team player mentality with the potential to take the lead on transactions
- Strong Business development capability.
- Strong pan African networks with regional development banks, private sector players, and institutional investors interested in deepening their exposure to Africa’s growing infrastructure opportunities.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of at least 2 Sectors (Power- Renewable), Transport and Logistics, Natural Resources and Mining, Telecoms and Heavy Industry)
- Deep understanding and demonstrated track record in deals in the infrastructure landscape globally and the specific challenges that Africa faces.
- Deep understanding of development and commercial mandate of the company; and proven knowledge of all players in Africa’s infrastructure, development, and financing landscape.
- Knowledge of concessional finance landscape as it relates to the infrastructure landscape.
- Ability to forge deep and long-lasting relationships within the company and across the investor community.
- Advanced communication and business writing skills, including ability to interface directly and effectively with senior management of potential clients.
- Advanced skill in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 3 Year renewable employment contract
- Willing and able to relocate to Nigeria, Lagos.
- Suitably qualified candidates encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at
Please visit for more exciting opportunities.
CA Finance – Legal, Banking and Insurance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Location: Lagos, Lagos State
Job date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 07:02:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!