Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services.
Job Number: 939802
Role Type: Individual Contributor
Employment Type: Full Time
- Microsoft’s Mixed Reality Design and UX Research team is looking for a customer-focused Senior Designer with expertise in 3D interaction-design, and experience designing subscription experiences.
- You will conceive, design, and prototype new types of 3D collaborative interactions and end-to-end subscription UX. In the latter, you are familiar with various types of subscription funnels, and you have experience in customer-acquisition, conversion, and retention. In designing these experiences, you embrace customer-requirements and data, leveraging customer-feedback, website metrics, and A/B testing to understand where the experience is succeeding, where it needs to be improved, and removing friction points that hinder a seamless UX. This is a mix of art and science.
- In all areas, you will collaborate closely with other designers (interaction, tech-design, and tech-art), researchers, and other engineering and marketing disciples.
As a Senior Designer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Design, prototype, and help build seamless interactions and subscription-services for Mixed Reality
- Provide strategic-design thought-leadership, for example with ‘user-journeys’ that span multiple devices, audiences, platforms, and technologies
- Embrace data and customer-feedback, and use them to improve your designs
- Effectively communicate the status of projects and services across the working-team and organization
- Seek out, understand, and leverage the best-practices and learnings of other subscription UX across Microsoft (for example, Xbox Live, Dynamics 365, and Microsoft 365)
- Champion and evangelize the teams’ efforts throughout the organization
- Identify risks in advance and drive the team towards a successful resolution.
- Be a positive, collaborative, and creative force on the team
- BA/BFA in Service Design, Interaction design or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience as a service designer, interaction designer, or related experience.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in services, Live Ops, or sustained engineering.
- Technical acumen and expertise. An understanding of designing, prototyping, building, delivering, and maintaining applications and services for high availability, resiliency, and performance in a dynamic environment.
- Expertise with 3D design software, prototyping tools, and dev-frameworks. Unity expertise required, and familiarity with game engines like Unreal, and web-frameworks like React, is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to understand what resonates with users and creators and ability to translate consumer and business goals into end-to-end feature plans (scenarios, functional specs, schedules).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to build consensus among diverse stakeholders. Be comfortable presenting and demonstrating products for large and small audiences.
- Proactively seeks and gives feedback.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and results-driven.
- Expertise with AWS, Azure, PlayFab, and/or Xbox Live services.
- Connecting Cloud Services – leveraging the power of the Cloud through service integration
- Designed a service for an experience-based product that has shipped
- Storyteller – proficient in storyboarding to showcase the end-to-end user experience
- Experience in Marketing or working closely with marketers is also a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Microsoft on careers.microsoft.com to apply