Senior Engineer, IT Support at Willers Solutions Limited
Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, a reputable firm is looking to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer, IT Support
Employment Type: Full-time
Functionally Reports to: System Administrator
Administratively Reports to: Business Director
- Senior Engineer IT Support Job primarily focus is to ensure that the company IT Infrastructure is functioning as effectively as possible.
- To supervise / participate for the maintenance, upgradation, configuration and reliable operation of computer system, network servers and virtualization.
- To coordinate with HR and ensure continues training to new as well as existing staff on IT and applications for efficient use.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Duties include the following (measurable in terms of time, cost, quality or quantity):
- To collaborate with department heads to assess near and long term capacity needs.
- To conduct regular research on network product, technology, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
Day to day Management :
- To install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers and integrate automation system.
- To troubleshoot network, software and hardware errors by running diagnostics, documenting problem and resolutions, prioritizing problems and assessing impact of issues.
- To ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, scanners, printers, copy machines, and other network appliances.
- To perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery and failover procedures.
- To ensure timely closure of departmental complaints or issues as faced by other colleagues.
- To work on various running or new projects as and when assigned by FRT / ART.
- To alert FRT / ART for any unusual occurrence and or damage that has taken place or that may occur.
- To assure safety resources and standards are used and been followed while doing any job.
- To prepare all applicable reports in time for accuracy and in order to ensure that they match the functional requirements, policies and standards.
- To create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, mapping, and hardware installation, updates, purchase & service records.
- To keep record of complaints, inventory, asset movements etc.
- People Management:
- To ensure continuous training in coordination with HR for new as well as existing team on efficient usage of IT resources.
Safety Health & Environment:
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, health and environmental procedures across the department in order to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- To perform other related duties or assignment as and when assigned.
- Minimum 8 years of troubleshooting experience in Windows Server, Outlook, MS Office etc.
- HND / BSc. in IT Engineering / Computer Science (MCSE, CCNA or similar certificates shall be preferred but not mandatory).
- Hands on in maintaining UTM, LAN, WAN, Thin Clients, Domain Network and Printers.
- As per the need of the business the job is transferrable and posting can be made anywhere in Nigeria/West Africa.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word) to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.