Senior Engineer, Optical DWDM Support at 9mobile Nigeria
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer, Optical DWDM Support
Job No: IRC4133
- Operation and maintenance of services on DWDM & Multiplexer equipment.
- Provide high level support functions to the field team in resolving all operational concerns on Multiplexers & DWDM equipment across the network.
- Oversee the acceptance of new multiplexers and DWDM Equipment.
- Provisioning of services on all multiplexers and DWDM equipment.
- Generation of performance reports for all multiplexers and DWDM equipment.
- Identification of deteriorating boards or equipment for remedial action.
- Ensure prompt availability of information on all fibre/cable transmission links and equipment.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Fixed Transmission Operations
- First degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Four (4) to Six(6) years post NYSC work experience preferably in DWDM transmission.
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- Optical transmission technologies (DWDM,ASON, SNCP, SDH, etc.)
- Service Continuity Management, Monitoring and Control
- Network Operations
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- Delegation/ Supervisory/ Analytical thinking
- Effective Communication
- Team building / Mentoring
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date