Senior Executive – IT Support at Ascentech Services Limited
Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business through our core offerings: Recruitment and Selection, Outsourcing, Training and Development.
To accomplish these we leverage on creating and managing change in organizations by improving efficiency through our proven and dynamic HR solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Executive – IT Support
Employment Type: Full-time
- To collaborate with department heads to assess near and long term capacity needs.
- To conduct regular research on network product, technology, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Install and Configure Windows & Servers
- Provide Technical Support and Guidance to users and other administrators.
- To answer technical questions or resolve issues with server performance and access. They may directly install and maintain Windows-based programs for end users and help debug these applications so that they work with Windows servers.
- Perform System Maintenance
- Windows administrators also conduct system maintenance activities, usually on the server back end. This aspect of the role requires the Senior Executive to review error logs and user-reported errors and identify stable and reliable solutions.
- Monitor System Performance to reduce interruptions and server crashes. This can involve monitoring daily traffic logs and reports or working directly with end users.
- Create System Backups according to company or industry standards. This helps to ensure that the system can be quickly recovered after a crash or other outage and supports data integrity by ensuring that vital information is not lost during an outage.
- Maintain System Security by noticing faults and vulnerabilities within the server’s architecture. This part of the job requires extensive knowledge of viruses and other sources of server vulnerability and requires to develop and deploy protection measures, particularly when pushing out system-wide changes that can open up new vulnerabilities.
- Reporting – To prepare all applicable reports in time for accuracy and in order to ensure that they match the functional requirements, policies and standards.
- To create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, mapping, and hardware installation, updates, purchase & service records.
- To keep record of complaints, inventory, asset movements etc.
- Safety Health & Environment – Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, health and environmental procedures across the department in order to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- Related Assignment – To perform other related duties or assignment as and when assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree / HND or Engineering in IT / Computer Science (MCSE, CCNA or similar certificates shall be preferred but not mandatory).
- Experience of minimum 8+ years in working on a similar role.
- Minimum 8+ years of troubleshooting experience in Windows Server, Outlook, and MS Office etc.
- Must have worked on a cloud based server environment.
- Should have working experience in an FMCG company
- Hands on experience in maintaining UTM, LAN, WAN, Thin Clients, Outlook, MS Office, Domain Network and Printers etc.
- As per the need of the business the job is transferrable and posting can be made anywhere in Nigeria/West Africa.
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send their CV to: [email protected] with the job title as the subject of the mail.
N.B: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.