Senior Finance Officer at Peridot Forte Solutions Consulting
Peridot Forte Solutions Consulting – Our client in the Healthcare Sector requires the services of suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Summary of Job
- The Senior Finance Officer is responsible for all aspects of financial management of the clinic’s projects and day-to-day activities, ensuring compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures as well as the parent organization’s regulations.
- The Senior Finance Officer will also design the yearly budget and plan for the organization, under the supervision of the Chief Finance Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this role successfully, the Senior Finance Officer will perform the following responsibilities in relation to all clinics which will include but are not limited to:
- Maintains specified clinics financial records; maintains and reconciles account ledgers; maintains and enters monthly journal entries, maintains and reconciles bank accounts Analyzes accounts to trace discrepancies or errors, and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Apply basic accounting knowledge and techniques to all areas of work, including routine costing and variance analysis
- Assist in clinic’s compliance with established policies and regulatory standards, including safety, environmental and legal requirements, and policies and procedures, both internal and external
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Management of financial operations in all branches of EHA Clinics and affiliated programs, in accordance with the company’s policies; including systems for cash flow management, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, and financial reporting
- Train and supervise finance staff in the organization.
- Maintain banking relations, plan and monitor company cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth running of the clinics
- Prepare monthly standard accounting submissions to the Management, for review by the Finance and Administration Manager, including general ledger files, account reconciliations, expenditures by cost center/project, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Analyze and report fiscal activity, make recommendations and take appropriate action to reduce the cost of providing services
- Prepare monthly management reports to the Business and Admin Manager and Senior Management as required, including detailed profit and loss statements, expenditures by cost center, and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner
- Support Business and Admin Manager in preparation of ad hoc reports for presentation to stakeholders
- Assist Business and Admin Manager in developing annual budgets
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in financial standards setting and in the forecast process
- Provide input into the department’s goal-setting process
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct month-end and year-end close process
- Collaborate to develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with our Chief Financial Officer and Business and Admin Manager to improve financial procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and teamwork
- Time management and organization
- Proven experience as a Financial Controller, Accounting Supervisor, chief or Senior Accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experiences with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred.
Qualifications & Training
- Bachelor’s degree / B.Com or equivalent in Accounting or Finance is required
- Advanced knowledge of Accounting ERP packages
- A minimum of five years of progressive financial management experience is required
- Professional qualification in accountancy such as CFP, ANAN, ACCA, ICAN is an added advantage
- A minimum of three years of experience from a healthcare organization is preferred
- Demonstrated experience and skills with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation, and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including the management of general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables, and balance sheet
- Advanced computer skills in Google Suite programs, particularly Google Sheet
- Prior staff supervisory experience and strong organizational skills are desired
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Previous knowledge of Odoo will be an advantage.
- S/he will be required to have had related and progressive experience in healthcarefinancial management.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Senior Finance Officer” as the subject of the email.