Senior Laboratory Diagnostic Network Advisor – Tuberculosis Programme (North East / South
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Laboratory Diagnostic Network Advisor – Tuberculosis Programme
Ref. No: sfh-70348
Location: North East / South – West
Job Type: Permanent
- The Senior Laboratory-Diagnostic Network Advisor will promote the overall coordination and implementation of TB Laboratory and diagnostic network activities in the project working in close collaboration with the National and State TB Programs.
- The post holder will mentor and train national, state and local government laboratory staff in the management of laboratory services, laboratory data management, quality assurance and diagnostics.
- The SLDNA will lead the strengthening and improvement in the efficiency of the sample referral networks in the TBLON region.
Min Required Experience:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science or a related field with a related Master’s degree or a minimum of 7 years relevant TB lab and TB control experience with a bachelor’s degree.
- At least Seven (7) years of relevant TB laboratory, TB control and diagnostic network experience, at state or regional level.
- Verifiable experience in strengthening diagnostic networks including supporting elements, such as specimen transport, biosafety, supervision, mentorship and quality assurance
- Deep knowledge of mycobacteriology laboratory work, solid and liquid culture and/or other TB diagnostics.
- Expert knowledge of laboratory and diagnostic network for TB.
- Demonstrated ability and competency to effectively drive application of lessons learned, innovations, and cutting-edge quality improvement methods in TB case finding, prevention, and treatment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of U.S. Government program management and in-depth knowledge of PEPFAR projects, regulations, compliance and reporting requirements.
Skills and competencies:
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, organizational, and cross-cultural skills; a high level of creativity and innovation, ability to perform and prioritize a variety of tasks on short notice within designated deadlines and able to maintain efficiency in a fast-paced work environment. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
3rd January, 2020.