Senior Marketing Executive at Semicolon
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Read more about this company
Senior Marketing Executive
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Semicolon is a social enterprise creating employment and economic opportunities by training software engineers and techpreneurs. Technology has the power to transform entire industries and the lives of everyday Nigerians. However, companies and entrepreneurs seeking to develop innovative solutions are faced with the same issue: they struggle to find employees with the skills required to design and develop their technology. Across industries, from finance to agriculture to education, companies are searching for Nigerians skilled in software engineering, design, and project management, and too often are not able to find what they need. Semicolon is addressing this gap and building a thriving technology sector in Nigeria by developing talent and fostering innovation.
What We Do
Teaching– Semicolon’s core focus is to develop technical skills in young people through a one-year intensive program that includes classroom learning, hands-on project experience, and internships.
Incubation – for innovative technology. Our trainees work on technology projects, either based on student ideas or partner companies’ initiatives. Semicolon identifies the most viable solutions and brings them to reality by providing early support on technology and business development, and connecting entrepreneurs with funding sources, mentors, etc.
Building Community – Semicolon is an “Innovation Hub,” bringing together innovative minds to develop new solutions. Semicolon connects its students with mentors and partners from around the globe.
Project Delivery – Semicolon works with corporate partners in implementing projects.
We are seeking an experienced and talented Senior Marketing Executive with a strategic vision to undertake marketing projects for the benefit of our company. S/he will work to develop marketing strategies vis-a-vis organizing creative campaigns and promotional events to grow product awareness and increase company revenue. Our Ideal candidate should have extensive knowledge and experience in marketing, sales, and promotion, coupled with a creative mindset and strong leadership skills to coordinate the marketing team
The ideal candidate should be passionate about the “art” of marketing and have an abundance of ideas for building efficient strategies. He/she must bring forth a strong array of techniques and methods to promote our public image, products, and services.
The goal is to ensure that Semicolon reaches a wider market and cultivate the customer’s interest in our products and services, with the ultimate aim of positioning Semicolon as the top-of-the-mind tech brand across Africa and globally.
- Conceive and develop efficient and intuitive marketing strategies
- Organize and oversee advertising/communication campaigns (social media, on-site exhibitions, and promotional events)
- Conduct market research and analysis to evaluate market trends, brand and product awareness
- Initiate and control surveys to assess customer requirements and dedication
- Interact with the media unit in writing copy for diverse marketing distributions (brochures, press releases, website material, blog and social media marketing posts, etc.)
- Maintain relationships with media team and communication unit to ensure implementation of promotional activities
- Monitor progress of campaigns using a variety of standard metrics and submit reports of performance
- Collaborate with concerned units in preparing marketing budgets and monitoring expenses.
- BSc/BA in marketing, business administration, or relevant disciplines. M.Sc/MA is added advantage.
- 5 years+ experience as a Marketing Executive, preferably in a senior position.
- Good understanding of market research techniques, data analysis, and statistical methods
- Familiarity with social media and web analytics (e.g. WebTrends)
- Thorough knowledge of strategic planning principles and marketing best practices.
- Creativity and commercial awareness.
- Proficiency in MS Office and marketing software (e.g. CRM)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Strong organizational and time-management abilities.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs to [email protected] using the job title as subject of the mail