Senior Maternal and Perinatal, Death, Surveillance & Response (MPDSR) Advisor
Options Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of MSI Reproductive Choices. We manage health programmes that ensure vulnerable women and children can access the high-quality health services they need. We work with partners to co-create and implement locally informed solutions to complex health problems. This includes governments, development partners, NGOs, civil society and health workers. Our programming is flexible, evidence-based and politically informed. This means we adapt to changing contexts, use data to inform our decisions and ensure our approach is appropriate. Our focus is always on building local skills and systems that last.
Options is recruiting up to two Senior Maternal and Perinatal Death Surveillance & Response (MPDSR) Advisors. As a MPDSR Advisor you will be expected to provide technical vision and guidance in the area of MPDSR programme to E4A-MamaYe in Nigeria. One of the Advisor positions will have a specific focus on community MPDSR.
As Senior Maternal and Perinatal, Death, Surveillance & Response (MPDSR) Advisor you will be expected to provide technical vision and guidance in the area of MPDSR programme to E4A-MamaYe in Nigeria.
To exceed in this role, you will have:
- Experience of supporting an overseas programme in their technical area of expertise, ideally for at least two years.
- Experience managing project’s technical and operation’s staff.
- Minimum of 7 years working experience in the areas of maternal, newborn, and child health.
- Familiarity with the FMOH and SMOH structures and functions especially relating to maternal, newborn, and child health
- Demonstrated ability to operate within their technical area with oversight and supervision.
- Ability and willingness to respond independently to requests for technical inputs in their defined area
- Excellent skills in communication, written and verbal
- Proven ability to network and manage relationships with partners, consultants and technical resource persons
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Overseas candidates require a valid Nigeria work permit.
How to apply:
- To apply, please fill in the form here
- Closing date for applications is: 16 February
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate)