Senior Medical Officer at the Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS)
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Health Initiative for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) is a Non-Government Organization (NGO) registered in October 2007 with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. It supports Public Health, Safety Intervention, HIV/AIDS related services including OVC comprehensive services, Prevention of Mother to Child Transmissi…
Read more about this company
Senior Medical Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 – 8 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare  , NGO/Non-Profit
Location: Military Hospital Creek, Lagos
Reports to: Site Commander
Open to: All interested Applicants
Work Hours: full-time 40 hours / week
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the supervision of the Site Commander and with technical oversight from Program Staff of the MODHIP / WRP-N Program, the Medical officer will provide Clinical and research based medical services, focusing on Clinical Management of HIV / AIDS, TB / HIV and HIV related research activities including in-patient services in the Medical and Emergency wards of the host hospital.
- The incumbent will ensure day to day running of the program at the facility.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides day to day Clinical Management of HIV / AIDS and TB patients at the facility level guided by strategies and approaches related to the implementation programs.
- Provides technical assistance in HIV / AIDS and TB clinical management and the Prevention of Maternal to Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT) capacity building at the facility level.
- Contributes to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to clinical management of HIV / AIDS, and the Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT) and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new programs.
- Ensure regular Clinical review of site performance with the clinical staffs and data Officers.
- Review monthly site Adults and Pediatrics Care and treatment, TB / HIV and PMTCT targets as assigned by MODHIP / DOD-WRPN.
- Remains informed on current programs in the field of Clinical Management of HIV / AIDS and related development by reviewing current literature, and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research to the project implementation especially the Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS at the facility level.
- Will be involved in the management of in-patients of the Medicine department at the host hospital.
- Acts as a Study Physician on relevant study protocols.
- Performs other prevention, care, and evaluation research duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education / Training Requirement: University Degree in Medicine (MBBS), Clinical management training and other relevant trainings in HIV comprehensive Care and Treatment. Master’s degree in Public Health will be an added advantage.
- Prior Work Experience: 5-7 years post national youth service (NYSC) experience in clinical care, with experience in HIV / AIDS, TBHIV and PMTCT care and support for HIV / AIDS at the clinical level. Experience with ARV programs, familiarity with HIV service delivery in military formation and clinical research experience are also required.
- Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Registered with Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
Knowledge and Skills, Person:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management of HIV / AIDS, including provision of ART.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills. Understanding of Military health care service delivery will be an added advantage.
- Candidates must be resident or ready to relocate to Lagos State.
Monthly Gross Salary Range
N250,000 – N280,000
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and CV to “The Human Resources Manager (HIFASS)” specifying the “Job Title” on the subject of the email via: [email protected]
- You must attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Resume and CV together in one Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love