Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager – Nigeria IHP at Palladium Group
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Palladium Group is a privately owned real estate company. Its core businesses are Portfolio and Development investments. The Group invests for its own account and in partnership with private and institutional investors. Its knowledge and expertise allow for a combination of efficiency and quality of life aspects through a global approach to residential and c…
Read more about this company
Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager – Nigeria IHP
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 10 years
- Location Sokoto
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Job ref.: req10553
Project Overview and Role
The purpose of this Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) Task Order (TO) 5 Contract is to implement priority primary health interventions in Sokoto State to strengthen the state-, LGA-, and ward-level health system as well as strengthen engagement with the state government. The objectives of the program are to (a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care services; (b) improve access to primary health care services; and, (c) increase quality of primary health care services.
The IHP goal is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality primary health care (PHC) services. TO 05 will be USAID’s principal primary health program service delivery activity in Sokoto and will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state. USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with other Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for primary health care (PHC) services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities. The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements a framework for project results measurement, accountability, learning, and development effectiveness that will measure and report IHP success in Sokoto State;
- Provides leadership and technical oversight, support, and direction on performance monitoring and evaluation at the state, LGA, facility, and community levels;
- Leads analyses of results and ensures that lessons learnt and best practices are captured, synthesized, reported, and disseminated;
- Collaborates with IHP Sokoto technical teams to ensure lessons learnt, and best practices are incorporated into ongoing interventions and innovative approaches;
- Leads development, dissemination, and application of M&E processes and tools in Sokoto;
- Responsible for oversight of data collection and information management processes, to ensure overall data reliability, consistency, and quality.
- Reports directly to Sokoto IHP Director with technical oversight from IHP MEL Director
- The State level Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager must be a proven leader in the field, with senior-level experience in the management of MEL for public health programs.
- The Manager will have expertise and up-to-date knowledge and skills in implementing project-level M&E and MIS for health systems and healthcare provision.
- S / he should have experience with complexity aware monitoring and demonstrated experience in promoting the use of data for decision-making.
- S / he must be intimately familiar with the context in Nigeria and have in-country experience with USAID programs. Additional qualifications include:
- A Master’s degree in Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, Health Information Management or related field
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in designing and implementing monitoring, evaluation and learning tasks for complex health and / or development projects
- Experience with USAID / global indicators and standard measurement tools in the areas of reproductive health / family planning, maternal and neonatal health and other relevant technical areas
- Experience at organizing and facilitating systems strengthening, capacity development and mentoring processes
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and ACCESS, and a statistical software package (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar)
- Demonstrated analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience conducting analysis of large data sets, data management and data use skills
- Experience working with government partners, USAID, other donors, and implementing partners
- Strong verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective coordination among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities
- Fluent in English (written and oral communication) and Hausa
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love