Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer at Venture Garden Nigeria
Who We Are
Venture Garden Group is an Investment Holding Company that incubates, invests in and operates early revenue, technology companies implementing proven I.T. solutions that transform companies and governmental organizations in emerging markets to high performing establishments.
With a sector focused approach, our portfolio companies develop aut…
Read more about this company
Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 8 – 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
- The Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the strategic planning, management, support and optimization of the corporate enterprise network in a 24/7 environment
- The team provides high levels of availability for all network and hardware in support of business objectives
- Work closely with decision makers in other departments/ strategic business units to identify, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead the team responsible for providing the 24 x 7 enterprise network for corporate and cloud applications
- Develop strategies and plans to meet the needs of the department and business in alignment with established priorities
- Work independently with Software engineering teams, PMO, Business Analyst, Managers, and third-party partners as needed to ensure solutions are adequately supporting the company’s growth and business needs
- Review critical internal network and third-party systems to ensure that proper disaster recovery procedures have been implemented and tested
- Develop capacity planning of all key services ensuring business growth does not outpace existing infrastructure capabilities
- Develop and establish beneficial and cost-effective relationships with service providers
- Monitor and maintain all systems to meet established Service Level Objectives
- Lead crisis management efforts during planned and unplanned outages, driving rapid response and resolution to critical issues impacting the business
- Maintain knowledge of current and developing technologies
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related area) preferred.
- 8-10 years’ work experience minimum.
- Must have strong Cisco networking experience, Cisco and other vendor firewalls, optional experience in Cisco Meraki cloud managed networks
- Windows Server 2008 – 2016 and Linux experience will be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in managing Office 365 messaging, OneDrive, SharePoint and other Office related platforms
- Information security knowledge/experience will be an advantage
- Ability to provide level 3 user support related to networks and end-user systems
- Track record of managing people and teams
- CISSP, CEH, COBIT, CISM, CISA
- CCNP, CCIP, CCSA
- Ability to manage stakeholders across diverse teams & at the executive
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Must be organized and have the ability to manage projects of varying length
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Must be a team player
- Highly organized and efficient; able to multi-task effectively and prioritize work based on a minimal direction and multiple competing priorities
- Committed to delivering high-quality results, with cost-effective use of resources.
- Flexibility is important.
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality.
- Competitive based on experience.