Senior Policy Adviser – Kingdom of Netherlands at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
Read more about this company
Senior Policy Adviser – Kingdom of Netherlands
- Job Type
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Reference Number: 130-PEO01127
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
Analysis, advice and reporting:
- Monitors, analyses and reports on the political economic, financial, social situation and relevant (policy) developments in Nigeria with respect to economic policy, the budget, IMF, ECOWAS and the energy sector
- Advises policy makers on key socio-economic and political development particularly in the Niger Delta, good governance, terrorism and other security challenges the Niger-Delta, good governance, terrorism and other security challenges and developments of policy and legislation in the energy sector, specifically the oil and gas industry
- Provide advice on human rights and identify relevant actions in these areas for the Embassy and the Netherlands and works with embassy colleagues to achieve results in all the above mentioned fields;
- Supports the Consulate General in Lagos in identifying and reporting on trade and investment opportunities for Dutch companies in Nigeria;
- Provides relevant information to the business community at large and hands-on professional assistance to Dutch businesses in Nigeria, in close cooperation with the Consulate General in Lagos;
- Performs logistic and administrative tasks related to his/her field of work, specific embassy projects and high-level visits. Keeps Achilles-system on interactions with Dutch companies up-to-date.
- Builds, enhances and maintains a relevant political network with active outreach to governmental and non-governmental key players on different levels of political governance;
- Enhances and maintains bilateral economic relations by building and maintaining relevant networks with economic players and relevant economic government institutions;
- Participates in relevant meetings and seminars.
Presentation & Promotion:
- Presents and explains the Dutch position and policies regarding political and economic issues to the Nigerian audience;
- Identifies and implements promotional activities related to economic and trade activities in Nigeria as well as public diplomacy events, in close cooperation with the Consulate General in Lagos;
- Assists in the preparation and realization of (ministerial) visits and other incoming missions, including by ensuring appointments with relevant counterparts;
- Assists in other embassy activities when needed;
- Must be willing to make regular business trips within Nigeria.
- University or Polytechnic qualification in any relevant Social Science course
- An MBA or Master’s degree in any business-related discipline will be an added advantage
- At least 8 years of professional experience in a similar field of work
- Communication; Innovative; Enthusiastic; Networking; Initiative; Customer Orientated; Planning and Organisational; Analytic, Cultural Sensitivity; Independent; Quality oriented; Team player; Flexible
- Levels of Nigerian Economy; Nigerian Public and Private sector; Civil society; Use of social media; English Language; MS Office;
- Dutch Language, or the willingness to learn the Dutch language to be able to understand/ read Dutch is an advantage.