The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a Senior Policy Associate to support advocacy and capacity building efforts, as well as supporting with the implementation of initiatives that are on-going and those that will emerge during the time frame of investments. This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Advisor on Food Security and Nutrition, the Senior Policy Associate will provide strategic support for the full execution of the National Food Consumption and Micronutrient Survey. You will also extend the strategic senior policy advisory support in advancing health and nutrition objectives through agriculture and food systems.
You will be advancing the development and early execution of the Nutrition Workforce Strategy for the Agricultural Sector, supporting the development and operationalization of the Nigeria Food Systems Dashboard.
The postholder is required in operationalising a sector-wide Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for Nutrition and Food Safety and coordinating the early implementation of actions to ensure the delivery of Nigeria’s commitment during the UN Food Systems Summit in September.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Supporting strategy related work as needed for specific geographies – tracking decision roadmap, developing relevant interpretations for decision making, providing information whenever decision points are reached in the strategy period, conducting landscape analysis, etc.
- Providing technical support to strengthen systems and structures that support the implementation of the Agricultural Sector Food Security and Nutrition Strategy both at national and state levels
- Providing support for the full execution of the National Food Consumption and Micronutrient Survey, including the review of reports by key stakeholders and its presentation through the survey implementation structure
- Supporting the continued implementation of the Agricultural Sector Food Security and Nutrition Strategy, especially in Lagos, Kano, and Kaduna states
- Facilitating translation of policy decisions into tasks and projects and ensuring their effective and timely implementation
- Compiling data, conducting data analysis and synthesizing findings for reports, briefs and for engagement with government and other stakeholders
The ideal candidate should have proven Management Consulting experience in the food and Nutrition sector. Proven track record in supporting food and nutrition policy dialogue work at high levels and translating policy decisions into tasks and projects.
The postholder should have strong data analysis skills and ability to review data, generate and present complex information to non-technical audiences. Also, you should be able to use prioritise multi-tasking and work well under pressure to meet deadlines. You should be high flexibility and willing to travel occasionally.
About our Offer
The starting salary on offer for this role is from NGN 7,892,205 – NGN 9,005,994 per annum, depending on experience.
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
This advert closes on 5th April 2022. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in Nigeria. Please note that GAIN is currently unable to sponsor working visas.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
How to apply:
To apply, please click on the following link: