Senior Program Officer at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. The AHNi-led ACEBAY project along with the State Primary Health Care Development Agencies (SPHCDA)s in Borno and Yobe States is implementing a result-focused and performance-based COVID-19 intervention to improve access to vaccines in keeping with the One Team, One Budget, and One Plan initiative in Nigeria.
The AHNi-led ACEBAY project is integrating COVID-19 interventions into its implementation in order to provide support for vaccinations in the community to target eligible populations and improve vaccine coverage in keeping with the SCALES strategy in both states.
To this regard, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer
- The SPO will provide program support to the National Coordinator and coordinate activities around prevention, care and treatment of HIV/AIDS and other related areas of health.
- He/She will maintain an information database of what all USAID partners are doing for better coordination, support regular coordination meetings with the National Coordinators and all departmental heads and Ips, serve as AHNi-ACEBAY and other ACE-project contact to NC office for ease of coordination.
- The SPO will also serve as the clearing desk officer for all USAID meeting from HIV/AIDS and TB office, assisting partners and heads of units in planning meeting and reports to NC on progress, providing technical support with M&E coordination across implementing partners and updating the National Coordinator regularly on all prevention, care and treatment especially PrEP and MOSAIC implementation.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MBBS, B.Sc. in health-related courses with at least 2- 4 years’ experience working with public sector or non-governmental organization.
- At least one year of experience in supportive role for leadership at high level FMOH/NASCP, NACA or related institution.
- Sound people skills and professional communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint and use of STATA, and Power BI for data analysis and visualization.
- Basic project management course and strategic customer relationship training.
- Good written and verbal skills in English.
- Effectively work as a team member and independently with a high-level of self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals.
Application Closing Date
Friday; 29th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.