Senior Project Associate at Mixta Nigeria
Mixta Africa is one of the first international and European groups to enter the Northern African Real Estate sector. Founded in April 2005, Mixta África specialises in property development projects in the African continent. The company was established with the objective of responding to the existing housing deficit in the African continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Project Associate
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for delivering assigned projects on-time, within-cost and as per desired quality in Mixta Real Estate Plc.
- Ensure all health safety and environmental standards as established by Mixta’s safety department are complied with both by the Mixta staff as well as contractors/ vendors for the project
- Manage all employees and contractors in the project to drive performance and co-ordinate with relevant departments to ensure that all items comply with design and quality standards
- If applicable, train, coach, mentor employees; identify and recognize high performers
- Coordinate with the financial and reporting manager to determine a project budget and disbursement schedule when is money needed and when are payments to be made
- Follow up on contractors’ payments with finance and reporting manager/finance manager
- Coordinate with sales team and senior management to ensure construction targets are in line with the forecasted sales schedule
- Publish frequent reports for the senior management identifying major progress, quality, design and cost issues impacting the project
- Conduct regular project review based on pre-defined review architecture, including setting up relevant templates for review.
Organise construction including:
- Draft project’s organizational structure-
- Ensure that the necessary licenses required for the site such as construction, usage of pavement (if any), connections to infrastructure etc. are prepared by relevant parties
- Monitor and ensure conformity of materials, installation and construction equipment operated by contractors on construction site against contract and approved technical and other requirements,
- Plan and monitor contract performance until expiration using standard evaluation scorecard
- Responsible for compiling all legal/regulatory compliance records as dictated by the country and/or the company
- Co-ordinate with design and construction standards director to resolve any design issue arising during construction
- Check payment certificates, verify quantities in terms of labour, material equipment and others as provided by contractors
- Advise procurement and contracting teams on technical exclusions suggested by contracts/vendors; Participate in selection of materials and vendor/contractor for the project
- Manage contractor claims on the project, drawing in expertise from design, procurement and contracting, and legal wherever necessary
Responsible for completion and handover for operation:
- Test-run each item before use, perform acceptance and hand over to end user;
- Prepare equipment portfolio and user manual; co-ordinate with supplying contractors to organise operation training for the management and operation teams (if required)
- Hand over project records issued as per handover process required by company and/or country protocol.
Responsibilities and jurisdictions to resolve arising issues:
- Approve deviations in construction which do not impact bearing capacity and architecture of the project
- Manage design and quantity change process along with contracting and design department.
- Provide opinions on composition of items and components, propose revision of technical design, if required.
Experience and Education
- Engineer or Master of Construction, Architecture holding Project Management Certificate awarded by reputable institutions.
- Prior experience of managing projects in excess of $1 Million.
- Minimum of15 years experience in project management and on-site management in a construction company or a real-estate company.
- Sounds understanding and interpretation of drawings
- Knowledge of key processes and phases in construction (Structure, M&E, Finishing)
- Deep understanding of corporate functions like procurement and contracting, budget and planning, and de-bottlenecking other corporate processes
- Proficient in creating and understanding a planning schedule and work break down structure
- Very detailed knowledge of material, equipment, logistics, storage and security
- Ability to make quick and tough decisions
- Good communication skills
- Strong ability to motivate, influence, negotiate and manage contractors.
Application Closing Date
22nd May, 2021.