Senior Project Manager at Action Against Hunger (Borno and Yobe)
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Locations: Borno and Yobe
Career Category: Program / Project Management
- Under the supervision of the Area Coordinator, you are in charge of the proper implementation and completion of integrated humanitarian emergency response project with components of WASH, FSL, Health and Nutrition.
- The person will be responsible for the overall management of the project specific scope, planning, resources, quality, risks, representation, coordination, staffing, reporting and delivering of all contractual requirements for the project.
More precisely, you will be in charge of :
- Manage and ensure efficient, effective, quality and timely implementation of the entire project activities.
- Management and develop the project teams across all locations
- Manage external relations and all coordinations related to the project
- Provide technical and administrative leadership for the project teams.
- You hold a master degree in project management, social sciences, health and nutrition and / or development.
- You have experience at a senior level in managing multi-sectorial integrated humanitarian project specifically WASH, Health, Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods. You have excellent management, organizational, motivational and leadership skills.
- You demonstrate experiences in financial management and preparation of budgets for programming. You are familiar with ECHO, EU, OFA and DfiD reporting and regulations and you have an experience in managing at least medium teams.
- You have experience in multisector emergency responses and sector coordination and you have a good knowledge of the humanitarian architecture and transformative agenda. You are flexible, creative and innovative.
- Fluent English speaker
Specific Condition and Benfits
- 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
- Monthly gross salary from 2010 to 2335€ upon experience
- Monthly per diem and living allowance: 539€ net, field paid
- Monthly country allowance: 450€
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses and repatriation insurance
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 € at each RnR period
- Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Cross knowledge
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.