Senior Project Officer – Home Fortification at Nutrition International
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference. Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Officer – Home Fortification
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time
Know Our Team
- Nutrition International’s Program Operations Unit is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of Nutrition International’s core program interventions including program development, design, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting, and grant management, including setting annual operational planning, budgeting and review processes.
- The unit comprises a global team of professionals located in our 10 core countries across Asia, Africa and our headquarters in Ottawa, Canada.
- Currently, Nutrition International is seeking applications for Senior Project Officer Home Fortification to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
About The Role
In this role you will be:
- Developing costed plans for programming and research activities with expected results (country implementation plans, research questions and/or other planning documents as required) which are informed by, and responsive to, needs and opportunities in the local landscape.
- Providing technical support and guidance to the implementing partner and government staff in the implementation of the project.
- Liaising with the Senior Project MEAL Officer in monitoring progress of activities against annual operating plans to ensure corrective actions are facilitated at project level as required to achieve results and disbursement targets; account for and financial variances, taking action to correct them; prepare draft reports for donors or other stakeholders.
- Convening project progress review meetings with the Government of Nigeria and other stakeholder; advocate for corrective actions by key stakeholders as required; propose and/or negotiate adjustments to project plans and budgets as a result of steering decisions.
- Managing inputs to NI’s contracts database, including maintaining and regularly updating expenditure forecasts for program activities, setting, updating, and regularly reporting on financial milestones.
- Continuously document processes, findings, best practices, and lessons learned throughout the implementation research.
- Providing administrative support including organizing meetings, taking minutes, and disseminating information to the appropriate audiences.
- Assisting in recruitment process for consultants and maintain appropriate contracting documentation.
- You will have a Master’s degree in Management, International Development, Public Health, Nutrition, or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in management of programs in public health, including managing finances and human resources. At least 2 to 3 years’ experience in networking with international partners and country government is desirable.
- Previous experience as a Project Officer or equivalent role in scope and responsibility for an international NGO working in IYCF and home fortification/MNPS.
- Experience of multi-sectoral working/programs desirable.
- Effective management and leadership skills, with strong research, communication, interpersonal, consultative and negotiation skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in local language desirable.
What We Offer
- A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities.
- We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
Application Closing Date
27th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Importation Information and Notice
- This contract is up to October 2022 position with a possibility of extension subject to funds availability and other factors. Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Nigeria. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
- Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.