Senior Public Policy Manager – West and Central Africa at Bolt Nigeria
Bolt (formally Taxify) is one of the fastest growing startups in the world with over 30M happy customers in 30+ countries, from Europe to Mexico to Africa. We’re building a ride-hailing app to connect millions of riders and drivers around the world to make travel easier, quicker and more reliable.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Public Policy Manager – West and Central Africa
- We are looking for a Senior Public Policy Manager to join Bolt’s team and cover West and Central Africa.
- You will be the key point of contact for local teams, protecting the business from damaging legislation, regulation and administration at a national and regional level
Your daily adventures will include:
- Management and mitigation of political, regulatory and legislative risk
- Design and execution of public affairs strategy including timeline for engagement with KPIs
- Comprehensive stakeholder mapping: assist in-country business units with identifying key stakeholders among elected officials, civil servants, third party groups; ensuring that information is kept current
- Message crafting and localization
- Drafting of position papers, submissions, ‘leave-behinds’, consultation papers and oral advocacy materials, as required
- Oral advocacy and effective representation of Bolt in meetings with stakeholders
- Co-primary ownership of relationship with regulatory authorities in operational markets
- Maintenance of relationships with 3rd party groups including NGOs, civil society groups, passenger, commuter and safety organizations
- Representing Bolt in relevant industry associations
- Establish effective relationships with policy-making and regulatory stakeholders in target markets
- Instruct and manage consultant public affairs agencies, freelancers and legal counsel as required
We are looking for:
- Educated to degree level, likely with some postgraduate
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a public affairs/ public policy capacity. You may not describe yourself as a lobbyist but you have worked in a professional capacity influencing and changing legislation, regulation and administrative procedure
- This is a not a job for a career changer, nor for an enthusiastic amateur. The successful candidate is likely to come from working for an elected official or with a civil service department, regulatory agency, public affairs agency or might be an in-house in a public policy role, ideally in the tech or transport verticals
- Experience of legislative and regulatory processes on a multi-jurisdictional basis
- While not a communications or PR role, an understanding of how political developments impact the media cycle, and vice versa
- Demonstrable successes in public affairs
- The ability to work and create an advocacy agenda in accordance with a strategic governance framework
- An excellent writer and communicator
- The ability to relate public affairs activity to underpin the commercial operations of a business
- Confident, articulate, organized, resilient
- Formal legal training in advisory or litigation functions could be helpful but not a prerequisite. Transaction support lawyers, don’t waste your time
- Good political networks in some operational markets in region are an advantage; ability to develop networks a requirement
- Experience of and the confidence to represent Bolt to Cabinet level policy-makers
- Business standard written and spoken English
- Additional languages a distinct advantage
Why you’ll love it here
- Your daily duties will have a meaningful impact on millions of people all over the world.
- You’ll be surrounded by the most friendly, supportive colleagues you can imagine.
- We don’t care where you work from, as long as you get the job done!
- As we grow, so will you! Bolt’s fast-paced, challenging environment offers you great opportunities for professional development.
- You’ll always be kept informed. Our bi-weekly All Hands meetings bring our global teams together, ensuring we’re all up to speed and moving forward as one.
- Switching off is important! We have fridges full of refreshments, sports compensation, table tennis, Playstation and loads more…
Application Closing Date